Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

orion

Members
  • Content count

    8
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About orion

  • Rank
    Newbie
  1. Dear forum members: My timeline is as follows: 1. I was laid-off during COVID in June 2020, 2. I petitioned for B2 COS (which is still pending) within 60 days from the last day of employment in June 2020, 3. Today received a new I-797 (no I-94 attached) associated with a new employer with consular processing. I HAVE A VALID H1B VISA. I'm writing to solicit advise and experiences of others who have been in similar situation as mine in the recent past, and who have traveled outside of US and re-entered to acquire a new I-94. My employers attorney has suggested two options: 1. Travel to San-Diego, and swing across the US-Mexico border to request a new I-94 while entering on the valid H1B visa. 2. Fly to Mexico (Mexico city, Cancun, etc.) and return back immediately and get a new I-94 at the port of entry in the US, again based on the valid H1B visa. I don't have a Canadian visitor visa, so the northern border is not an option. I have read several posts with experiences of individuals who traveled to San-Diego to "renew I-94" based on expired passports, but did not see any where two H1B statuses were separated by a pending B2 COS petition. Which option would you suggest I take in acquiring the new I94. Is there a benefit to go with the land option as opposed to flying internationally? BTW, I have read that the US-Mexico border is limited to essential travel until Jan. 21, 2021, but have also read posts of individuals who have renewed their I-94 at San-Diego as soon as a few days ago. I am thankful for any pointers and suggestions. STAY SAFE!
  2. Dear forum members: My timeline is as follows: 1. I was laid-off during COVID in June 2020, 2. I petitioned for B2 COS (which is still pending) within 60 days from the last day of employment in June 2020, 3. Today received a new I-797 (no I-94 attached) associated with a new employer with consular processing. I HAVE A VALID H1B VISA. I'm writing to solicit advise and experiences of others who have been in similar situation as mine in the recent past, and who have traveled outside of US and re-entered to acquire a new I-94. My employers attorney has suggested two options: 1. Travel to San-Diego, and swing across the US-Mexico border to request a new I-94 while entering on the valid H1B visa. 2. Fly to Mexico (Mexico city, Cancun, etc.) and return back immediately and get a new I-94 at the port of entry in the US, again based on the valid H1B visa. I don't have a Canadian visitor visa, so the northern border is not an option. I have read several posts with experiences of individuals who traveled to San-Diego to "renew I-94" based on expired passports, but did not see any where two H1B statuses were separated by a pending B2 COS petition. Which option would you suggest I take in acquiring the new I94. Is there a benefit to go with the land option as opposed to flying internationally? BTW, I have read that the US-Mexico border is limited to essential travel until Jan. 21, 2021, but have also read posts of individuals who have renewed their I-94 at San-Diego as soon as a few days ago. I am thankful for any pointers and suggestions. STAY SAFE!
  3. Yes, I did, and the earlier priority date is reflected in my current I-140. Just wasn't sure if there was some risk of losing that priority date now that the previous employer is non-existent. Thanks. -orion.
  4. Hi all, I have two approved I-140s: one from my current employer and a previous one (with a earlier approval date) from my previous employer. The previous employer has now merged with another company, and is no longer known by the name that appears as the petitioner in my I-140. I was wondering whether I can still claim the earlier priority date of the approved I-140 of the previous employer? Thanks, -Orion.
  5. Hi, I'm currently working full-time on a H1B visa, and would like to enroll part-time in a masters program at an accredited university while continuing full-time employment. Would I need to apply for any additional student visa? Do I need to amend my H1B authorization in any way? Thank you in advance for your responses! Rgds, -Orion.
  6. Received an email from Loomis today (1/29, Tues.) at 6pm that the passport has been picked up from the consular section but is not ready for pickup. Strange that the CSC website has not been updated with the waybill info. Nonetheless, went to the loomis location, but the office closes at 6pm. So pickup will be tomorrow morning at best.
  7. Thought I'll pay my dues to this forum. I had a successful visa interview at the Ottawa US embassy. Visa: H1B (second renewal) date: Jan. 28 2013 Job type: non-EVC I arrived at the embassy 15min before my interview. They made us (around 8) wait ouside until 5min before the scheduled interview time. Some folks were concerned about bringing their cellphones, keys, etc. But apparently the embassy provides temporary storage for these items at the security booth. Just can't take them with you inside the consular section. After security, an official checked my name on her interview schedule list, and directed me to window 7, where I submitted my passport, DS160 conf. page, and i-797. The guy at the window asked two standard questions to everyone: 1. whats your current status in the Canada and 2. Do you currently reside in the US. I waited for 15min before being called at window 4 for fingerprinting. After that, waited for another 20 min before was called to window 2 for interview. VO: What firm are you working for now: me: xxx vo: before this your worked for yyy. why did you move? before I could answer, vo: is it a better or bigger firm than the previous one? me: yes. vo: what to you do at the new firm? me: answered. vo: ok, I'm going to approve your visa. Please follow the instructions on this handout and pick up your passport at the location you selected. Have a good day. It took barely 5 mins. Curent status: Still in Ottawa waiting for notification that my passport is ready to be picked up. Good luck to all. cheers!
×