Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About nrkiran1

  • Rank
  1. Thanks Belle, I have already gained Bachelors + 13 years / Masters + 10 years experience. My only concern is; my current employer's GC ( my PERM) requirement was Bachelors + 5 years, but the prospective employer's requirement is Bachelors + 10 years. If I don't mention job requirement in AC21 letter, will USCIS raise an RFE and issue NOID on my I-485 later down the road because of this difference ?
  2. My PD is Dec 2007 EB2I so I am current now. My PERM through my current employer was filed with Masters + 12 months or Bachelors + 5 years requirement for a 'Lead Analyst' position. Now I got an offer from a big company with same job duties for a 'Principal Analyst' position, but their job requirement is Bachelors + 10 years experience and they are ready to wait until 6 months after I file my AOS in this August. After finishing 180 days on my pending I-485 application, can I accept their offer and invoke AC 21 ? Or, will I end up in trouble from USCIS down the road because of 10 years experience requirement from my prospective employer? In a nutshell, can I join in a job that requires more experience than what was shown in my current Perm requirements, but same kind of job duties ? Thanks in advance if you are willing to give a valuable suggestion.
  3. Are you sure ? Can you give me the source of your information ? Because I've heard from some of my firends that after 12 months I will not have any authority over this case and there is no use of filing a complaint. So I am now planning to ask my current employer to upgrade my currently pending H1B extension petition (because I got only 1year approval last year) to premium processing so that I can take action on my previous employer in next month.
  4. Dear forum members I am on 8th H1B year extension based on the approved I-140 from my previous employer. I left them 11months ago because they were not depositing my paychecks on time (always 3 to 4months delay) even though they ran my payroll on time. Last June I transferred to my current employer after filing for H1B transfer. Since then I was literally calling and begging my previous employer to deposit my last 3months (Feb to May 2011) of salary. They still owe me those deposits, because like I said above, they ran my payroll and gave me the paystubs but not the pay checks. They kept those paychecks with them telling me that they will deposit them soon in my account. The only reason why I kept quite till now is my current employer still didn't start my I-140 and my previous employer is threating me that he will cancel their I-140. If they do that I am no longer eligible for new H1 extensions with my current employer. Now that I am almost close to finishing 12 months since I joined my current employer I am planning to file a complaint to DOL on my previous employer to get my money back. Can any one suggest me your opinion or is it a good idea to risk my future H1B extensions given the fact that my previous employer might cancel their I-140 if I file a complain against them ? Is it true that if I file WH4 complaint against my previous employer after 1 year leaving them, DOL will not consider my complaint ? Thank you.
  5. nrkiran1


    Finally I got my passport back on Nov-23 with visa stamped. I wish the same for all the folks waiting for the visas ! Now I will have to go back to US and apply for my I485 because my PD will be current in Dec. Thanks to all the folks for sharing your information in these forms.
  6. nrkiran1


    I got 221g blue today asking to submit DS160 confirmation, Passport size photo, Passport, Original I-797, LCA and H1B petition. Is this request for stamping the visa ? Can I now call DOS to check my status ? My case in short EC model Interview date at Chennai: Aug-29 221g green asking all employer, petition related docs and Passport Submitted docs: Sep-12 at Hyd VFS without PP Request for PP: Nov-17
  7. nrkiran1


    @jay12344 I've sent e-mail to chennai VFS regarding my 221g status, they forwarded it to consulate and I got a reply yesterday from chennainiv stating that it is currently under review by a consular officer suggesting me to wait till their process is finished. FYI, mine is EC model and submitted docs on Sep-12
  8. I couldn't find this petition, is it still active ?
  9. nrkiran1


    @Veeras, Can you let us know if your's is a EC or EVC model ?
  10. nrkiran1

    Is working from home allowed on h1?

    I am not sure, I guess the VO is not satisfied with my response regarding my reporting structure. You can look at my interview conversation here http://forum.murthy....august-tracker/
  11. nrkiran1

    Is working from home allowed on h1?

    @goodluckishere Mine is also work from home in a EC model from past 3 years. My LCA is with my home address in U.S. Last year I got my H1B extended and stamped for 1 year. But this year, my H1B is granted for 1year, but when I went for stamping I got 221g, so I am struck now in India 2. For remote workers your employer should get status reports from you and he needs to report those to client. I would say this is how you need to state to VO to prove your EE relationship. If possible gather the e-mail proofs of reporting/discussions with your employer. 4. You should tell your home location as work location 5. No, you can have any port of entry
  12. nrkiran1

    Next step when H1-B is sent Back to USCIS

    @Adil May I know after how many days of documents submission to Chennai, your case went back to USCIS ? I am also in the same boat, so your answer would help in planning my other avenues. Thanks
  13. nrkiran1

    H1-B Denied in Hyderabad

    @h1b321 Very well stated and I totally agree with you. I think the US immigrations is now into a big political game. 1. Making money by approving the H1B cases of EVC or EC models just by checking the client letter and project duration. This is how they approved my case in July of this year. If they don't approve at least by basing on end client letters, then they would lose their revenue. Remember they make approx $2000 to $3500 on each H1B filing. 2. Then consulates are rejecting these approved cases or keeping them in suspense in order to support US politician's / anti immigrant lobbyist's that are trying to gain the votes in next election by showing these H1B rejections to Americans. @JoeF I agree with you that some shady firms abused / abusing the H1B. But this is not the way US should payback. There are other ways to reject the visa, for ex: by checking the W2 of previous years, W2 reports of other employees of petitioner etc...etc... Just FYI, My story in short.....After having my Masters in US, I had 8 years of experience as a ERP business analyst. From the past 2 years, when I was in US, I tried sincerely to get a full time job at the direct clients, but I didn't succeed either due to my salary requirement is not matched or due to the end clients not willing to sponsor my H1B. I know many end clients are now not willing to sponsor H1Bs. If they are willing, then the consultants like me has to agree for less salary than what we are currently making as consultants. So the clients are rather going to outsource their work or offering their own level of salary to H1Bs. So I sticked staying as a consultant with my employer, a desi staffing firm. I was making the $$ as I wished, well and far above what a full time job would've paid me and also waiting for my PD to be current in my GC process. It will be current next month. Last month I had to come to India and my visa stamp is now kept in suspense because of this E-E rule. Had my GC is processed on time, I wouldn't have landed up in this situation. But as you stated, I couldn't join with an end client who cannot match my salary reqmt for my experience and skills just because they need to sponsor my H1B. If the DOS is thinking that EVC models are violating H1B visa, then they should create a new visa category which allows to work in US till the duration of end client project as stated in the client letter.
  14. nrkiran1


    I already posted my interview experience at To keep my case alive, I am continuing it in this thread Interview date: Aug-29-2011 Consulate: Chennai Model: EC Query type: 221g green with passport Docs submitted at Hyd VFS on: Sep-12-2011, I didn't submit my passport because I need to travel to other country Approval: Not yet Waiting since: 3.5 weeks After living in U.S for 11 years without any gap in between, I never expected this ****. The frustrating thing is, the mindless VO marked for internal project details (with a smiling face) even though I clearly mentioned to her that I am working for end client. She didn't even ask a single document from me on that day I am not sure what is going on with these VOs, they are getting excited in issuing these 221gs and deliberately playing with the professionals that are working for consulting firms.
  15. nrkiran1


    On Sep-12-2011, went to Hyd VFS office and submitted the docs except my passport even though my 221g asked for it, because I need to travel to another country. Now my waiting game starts