Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Snigdha22

  • Rank
  1. Hi, My spouse is an Indian born British Citizen working and residing in UK. I am on H1-B and my spouse does not have a H-4 visa. He travels back and forth from UK to USA regularly. I am now eligible to apply for I-485 adjustment of status application through my Employer. My question is: Can I file my I-485 application including my husband(Using form I-824)? If yes, as per the rules: 1) Applicant has to be physically present in USA when I-485 is filed with and received by USCIS. - Is this correct? My husband will be physically present in USA when filing the application but does he have to stay here until after USCIS receives the application? 2) Applicant must contact Attorney prior to any international travel once Form I-485 application is filed with USCIS. Does this apply to my Husband as well? Because he is a UK citizen, he does not require a visitor visa or any other visa to travel to USA. Thank you!
  2. Hi, I am a H1-B holder in U.S.A and my Green Card processing has begun. Labor certification has been approved recently and I-140 will be applied shortly. My Fiancee is a UK citizen, we are planning to get married some time this year or early next year in U.S.A. I understand that it's difficult to get ones spouse to U.S.A. if the marriage does not happen before certain stage of Green Card Processing. In order for my Fiancee to move to U.S.A. without any issues after marriage, before which phase of Green Card processing should we get married so I can sponsor his H-4 Visa. Thank you.