Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About anitk

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. anitk

    F1 CPT to H4

    Hi, We are planning India travel in June and will be going for H1(husband) + H4 (me) stamping. Recently got his H1B extn for 1 year with approved I140. I'm currently on F1 CPT . Previously, I did Certificate programs from UCLA extn on F1 and worked on 1 year OPT. What questions can I expect during H4 stamping and what documents need I take with me Thanks in advance.
  2. Hi, My spouse's I140 is approved recently.His employer is filing for H1 extension based on I140. Im currently on OPT EAD valid till MArch 2019. Can his employer file for H1 extension + my COS F1 OPT EAD to H4 + H4 EAD together? Should I stop working as soon as USCIS receive my COS application or can I work till I receive COS approval? Will COS approval and H4 EAD be processed simultaneously or will there be any delay between these two? Thanks in advance
  3. anitk

    2 simultaneous GC processing

    Hi, I am in my 6th year of H1B. Max out in March 2019. I work for company A and they haven't filed PERM yet. Company A prolonged it so long and they are saying they will file next month (PWD & Job Advt done) . Meanwhile, company B is ready to do my GC starting next month. I do have obligation with company B to do H1B transfer and start working for them. Also worried if company A might revoke H1B , after I put paper with company A . Is it possible to have 2 simultaneous GC proccessing ? What is good choice of action in this scenario. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks
  4. anitk

    PERM account opening time

    Hi vivs. I am also facing same issue. My employer hasnt got the password yet. Did your employer/lawyer get the password ? Did u find any solution for this ? Pls let me know. Thank u
  5. anitk

    DOL Website down?

    Hi I was asking my status of regarding my PERM application submission, The lawyer informed to my company the DOL website is down. Is it really down? Thanks
  6. anitk

    Total cost for Green card process

    Hi, How much will be total cost for Green card process - right from Applying for Prewailing wages to filing I485. Assuming Normal processing and non-audited cases. Also what is time frame for the Advertisement campaign, how long does it take for employer to complete this step ? Thanks
  7. anitk

    Earliest OPT apply date

    Hi, My COS for H4 to F1 got approved in July. I have enrolled full time for Summer2017(June-Sept) and will be doing the same in Fall 2017 and Winter 2018 (Jan-March) with which I complete 9 months of consecutive study in F1. This is for a certificate program When is the earliest I can apply for 1 year OPT ? Can I apply in Jan beginning with a request date for April beginning considering USCIS takes 3 months to process EAD and by April I would have finished my studies ? or should I apply OPT in April beginning because that is when I complete 9 months of consecutive study in F1 ? I am little confused and would like to know in general which is the correct way ? Will be talking to my DSO as well. Thanks in Advance.
  8. anitk

    I20 validity

    My I20 (start date Jan 2017) was issued on Nov 7,2016. However, my COS application (H4 to F1) reached USCIS on Dec 29, 2016. Since I dint get any decision(still pending) on my application by Jan , DSO had deferred the start and gave me new I20 with start date April, 2017. I just came to know through this forum post that any I20 submitted 30 days after it is issued is invalid.Is it true in my case? Is there a possibility of denial because of this or will I get RFE from USCIS for this? Now that I have new I20, is there a way to send this new I20 to USCIS? Appreciate ur inputs. Thanks.
  9. Hi, I am H4. Applied to a college here and received my I20. Im travelling to India next week and back on December 1st week. Not planning to go for stamping in India this time . Im planning to apply for COS from H4 to F1 once Im back here . College starts in Jan. Will there be any issues/questions regarding this at POE? I have valid H4 till July 2017. Thanks in Advance.
  10. Hi, My husband is on H1B with valid visa till July 2017. My husband's company has initiated Green Card Process.Yet to submit the documents for Labor Certification through PERM process. We are travelling to India this Nov-Dec. Is it better to submit the document before the travel or after coming back from India? If we submit the documents now, Will there be any questions at POE regarding this? Thanks in Advance.
  11. I have H1B visa stamped from Company A until July 2017. Now Changed to company B and got approved I797 until June 2017. H4 extension was not applied since they have valid visa until July 2017. Now planning to travel to India with family. Is it mandatory to get visa stamping ? Checked with company attorney, he says not required. Is it OK to travel to India just with new I797 and with h4 visa extension not applied ?
  12. Hi, Husband H1B transfer got RFE on May 20, 2016. They havent yet replied for RFE . Waiting for some docs and planning to reply soon. His Employer didnt apply for H4 extension since H4 visa & I94 is valid July,2017. Im planning to Apply for H4 to F1 COS next month. Will it be an issue if I apply for H4 to F1 now ? Also will there be any problem in future when they process my husband's GC , since I will be on F1 ? Thanks in advance.
  13. Hi, I m on H4 with valid visa till Aug 2017. I came to india in July 2015. My husband work location has changed in Aug and H1b amendment is filed. I have old I797 petition . Im travelling back to US in Sept. Is it ok to travel with old I797 or do I have to wait for new approved I797 . Is it enough if I have the latest LCA ? Please advice. Thanks.
  14. Hi, I m on H4 with valid visa till Aug 2017. I came to india in July 2015. My husband work location has changed in Aug and H1b amendment is filed. I have old I797 petition . Im travelling back to US in Sept. Is it ok to travel with old I797 or do I have to wait for new approved I797 . Is it enough if I have the latest LCA ? Please advice. Thanks.
  15. Hi, I'm working on H1-B for my current employer A for the last 1 year. I've pay stubs for the entire period till today. Recently, my client location got changed & we moved to a different address within the same county. My employer A has applied for H1B amendment petition and we are awaiting for receipt number in the next few days. Now, employer B is willing to recruit me and is planning to file for my H1B transfer after a week. By that time, USCIS might have got the previous amendment petition & all be in progress. Both will collide with each other if they are since both are premium processing. My question is - Can Employer B file for H1B transfer while the amendment is in progress? Because I won't have the I797 for the amendment while they transfer. Or, should we wait for 2 more months for amendment to be done and my employer A to issue 2 month pay stubs for the new client location city? How does status get determined in this case?