Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

info4help

Members
  • Content count

    20
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About info4help

  • Rank
    Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling
  1. Hi, I had multiple GC Petitions EB3 -> EB2 (Promotion Same Employer) -> EB2 (Job Change: New Employer) . Recently, I received letter/notification from NVC to pay fee for the case which appears to be related to very first EB3 petition but I already received my green card few years ago with EB2 (related to New Employer). Posting here to figure out if you experienced similar situation, and what step you took. Thanks in advance.
  2. Could you share what you decided and factors you accounted in decision?
  3. info4help

    GC for parents

    Following. @neerjaI am about to start the process for my mother. After how many days/months did you in USA did you file the concurrent filling.
  4. Hi, I've similar situation and figuring out to start the process for my mother. I read few posts here and felt that filing I130/I485 while in US is risky. Can you share your experience/lessons so far. I'll appreciate your valuable inputs.
  5. Finally, today, I received CPO email from USCIS.
  6. Recap: In October 2014, I filled i-140 in premium processing and after approval I filled i-485. Update: I received the my spouse and my EAD sometime in 3rd week of December. Overall, it appears that one who is running against the time, without much worry, can file i-140 and i-485 together. Not to mention this is based on our experience that we captured on this thread. Your situation could be different and legal consultation is advisable.
  7. Update: I received receipt notices on 10/22 and appointment for fingerprinting. I guess after finger printing it will be a waiting period until date becomes current.
  8. Thanks Guy for wishes. Hope Best for all. I got email notifications from DHS about acceptance of application and receipt numbers for I485 (Acceptance) / EAD (Initial Review) / AP(Initial Review).
  9. Thanks for adding your experience to this thread. Did you file 140 in premium or regular? Update from my side: I finally filed my 485 on 14th. Getting 140 approved took 14 days including approval notice to get in hand. One should account for 15days of approval in premium processing and 6-7 days to receive hard copy of approval notice. Later i learnt u can expedite aforementioned wait time by sending paid postage with premuim filling. Uscis will use that to send hardcopy to you. So you can receive overnight. Overall, i waited 13 days and paid premium fee for 140 so that i can file 485. Now Hope evrything works good for all of us soon.
  10. I am waiting on I-140 approval notice to arrive so that I can file I-485. May I request to update your status as you move forward in the process. This will help others.
  11. Bhavikshah: What's the step you are taking and what your attorney says on risk in concurrent filling?
  12. I agree with you on assumption part. I read few forums and got the impression that Petitions get returned (those case were 05-07). Not sure if they were changes in law since then. Also, return took 3-8 weeks and that makes me nervous. I don't find any recent case where people is same situation shared their experience.
  13. Thanks for your inputs. I had the same question and hasn't been answered yet. In my thinking, if I take chance and ,say, it didn't work then I am not sure when USCIS will actually return or reject and when they do what will be Priority Date. In such situation if my PD is not current will I have to wait again for PD to be current ....so I have uncertainty of this kind in my mind. On the contrary, I already have all paper work ready for I-485. Once I-140 is approved in premium and Approval notice is received. I-485 can be filed in a day or two. This may take me to mid of october for 485 filling and PD will be current then. Now, I don't know how much this delay of 15 days will cost me. can there still be risk of some kind?? I don't know. Please comment.
  14. Hi, I have similar situation. But my attorney suggested to file I-140 in premium and upon approval file I-485. Per him, in concurrent since date is not yet ported, there is always chances to I-485 being returned or rejected. Therefore, going with his suggestion. Experience folks can you please chime in with your inputs please.
  15. Hi, From my previous job, same employer, I have two approved i-140 1) Eb3 category, PD 6 Jan 2009 2) Eb2 category, PD 6 Jan 2009 (ported PD using EB3 I140). Unfortunately, I have to change the job and have to start GC process all over again. I am anticipating that new perm will be approved soon and now planning for next step. Assuming that the PD remains current w.r.t. 6 Jan 2009, can I-140 with request to port previous PD and I-485 be filled together? I know doing one after the other would be preferred but thinking If I can exercise window of opportunity here. Does filling I-140 and I-485 together pose any risk? Appreciate your guidance and help through your experiences.
×