Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About rainaa

  • Rank
  1. Hi, I got a green card in 1988 the I-151 which did not have an expiry date. I visited US and then came back. My father was not interested to return to USA and since I was a kid, I did not return to US. After 15 years, I wanted to go to USA to pursue further studies and applied for F-1/student visa.My visa consultant told me that since I cannot have 2 status in US I need to abandon my green card. I did the same and abandoned my green card and now i am on the students visa in USA. Is there any way I can get my GC back. What steps should I take? While surrendering the card to the visa officer, I was not told that I am still a LPR of US. Please help me! Thanks, Rainaa.