All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Last week
  3. Form I-765 mailed to USCIS Dallas box through USPS shows status: Ready for pickup. Is this right or did i select the wrong mailing option? I mailed my form to the Dallas PO Box 660867 Dallas, TX 75266, from USPS using priority mail and the status shows this: May 17, 2019, 3:06 pm Available for Pickup DALLAS, TX 75266 Your item arrived at the DALLAS, TX 75266 post office at 3:06 pm on May 17, 2019 and is ready for pickup. Don't they deliver to the location? Or does USCIS have a pickup service scheduled at the post office? I'm just a little comfused and worried because it is a sensitive document. Can anyone who has had experience with this before tell mebif this is what it's supposed to show..
  4. sudha90

Amendment approved, original petition pending

Can anyone else please comment on this ?
  5. sudha90

Amendment approved, original petition pending

Attorney said I could use the latest petition and I shouldn’t be bothered about the RFE.
  6. urch

Case under BALCA

Any Update please?
  7. In my I-797 approval copy, on the top right side the Valid till date shows as February 2020. In the I-94 which is attached to bottom of that I-797, the valid till shows as February 2021. In my passport, H1b Visa stamp shows Valid till as February 2021. When is my H1b visa actually expiring ( Feb 2020 or Feb 2021) and when should i start my H1b renewal process?
  8. ImmiCheck

H1-b FY 2020

Hi Roma, When did you receive your notice from USCIS about the selection ?
  9. shekar11#

H1 approved but H4 still in pending

There is no premium for H-4. You just need to wait.
  10. shekar11#

H4 after biometrics

No idea. The process is new. You can post your experience once you get H-4 approval.
  11. No issues as long as the H-4 is approved.
  12. Yes you can do that in premium.
  13. My H1B expires in a few days, the attorney applied for my extension 20 days ago with premium processing but hasn't received even the receipt notice. The attorney is just waiting for response from USCIS. I called USCIS and said I haven't received the notice, they filed an inquiry and said they will get back to me within 30 days. So I am not sure what to do if I don't receive receipt notice before my visa expires. Please advise
  14. I am planning to send my kid to India who is 9 years old but we can't go along with him. We have valid I-797 till end of this year but his passport is not stamped with H4 Visa. In this case, can we send him to India? If so does he need to go to consulate? what are all the documents required?
  15. Did anyone raise a "service request" for their MTR case?
  16. Subbuparam

Can H1Bs start their own firm

You cannot transfer your H1 to your own company. The USCIS clause for that is called "misrepresentation", and you will never be allowed back into the US. I have a friend who registered a company under his wife's name, was a full-time employee, decided to become a consultant and transferred to his wife's company. His H1b was approved, and he worked for a year on that H1, but when he went to India on a trip and hence for stamping they rejected it. What he didn't realize was that she is his dependent (H4-EAD) and her name is on the Incorporation papers as well. It is a conflict of interest. He has been trying to come back for the last year with no luck. He has tried every single famous attorney with no luck. even his tourist visa got denied. He had lived in the US for 12 years prior to this incident. He lost his home, cars, everything!
  17. pontevecchio

Cruise closed loop travel query

Ask the cruise line whether you can enter Mexico without a visa for Mexico or the USA?
  18. Pranay Kale

Arrival Date Not Records in I-94 (Cruise trip)

I am also in same situation and my Arrival date is not recorded in I94 after my cruise trip to Mexico. Can you please advise how can we correct this issue? Does CBP issues new I94? if yes then what is the procedure? Thank you for the help!
  19. Yes, he can file I-485 in June.
  20. newacct

Canadians and H1B stamping

Canadians do not need a visa, but they need everything that they would need to get a visa in order to enter the US. In the case of H1b, they need and approved H1b petition to enter the US in H1b status.
  21. bizzysurfer

Incorrect time outside USA in I-129 petition (approved)

Thank you for your reply. My Visa appointment is after 1 month and 1 week, so I have got some time if an amendment needs to be filed. I am not sure how they got this wrong when I provided my entire travel history. Do you think they should file a new H1B petition or an amendment needs to be done?
  22. JoeF

I-140 Grace Period

Visitor and student status don't allow immigration intent. You have shown immigration intent with the I-140, so this won't work. Also, it takes several months to get accepted at a university.
  23. JoeF

Can H1Bs start their own firm

How would you transfer the H1? You can't do it yourself, that would be illegal work for the company. You also can't instruct somebody else to fill out the paperwork, the act of telling somebody to do it is also work. Further, a college degree is not required to run a company, so it is not possible to get an H1 for that to begin with. The bottom line: This is not going to work. Period.
  24. I am on valid H1B visa and spouse (GC holder) filed I-130 for me and priority date is Aug 2018. I-130 is still pending with USCIS. June 2019 visa bulletin has F2A for family-based as March 2019. 1. Am I eligible to file I-485 because my PD is eligible as per June 2019 bulletin? 2. If so, do I have to wait until June 1, 2019 to file I-485? Thanks, G.
  25. denvarunmangela

NORI J-1 Waiver Mumbai Home Department Adds.

Hello guys, I am a Dentist from Mumbai, India presently doing Cancer research in Leukemia / Myelodysplastic Syndrome team at New York with my J-1 status. My J-1 is subject to the two year foreign residency requirement and I wanted to find the correct addresses and Contact person for Maharashtra State Government and Thane Passport Office. Please reach out to me if you have any information. Thanks
  26. gopalakrishnach

Incorrect time outside USA in I-129 petition (approved)

I am sorry to say but yours is really tricky. You said you are going for visa interview. At that time they will ask you the exact dates when you are out of USA and when they do not match with your approved H1B they might dig in deep. Ask experts and take a decision...Please do not depend on here for magical answers...
  27. Raghav0717

H1 Transfer - Normal Filing

Just got the tracking number and documents reached California centre on May 10th. Its been a week and cheque hasn't been encashed yet. Anyone in the same situation or were couple of weeks/months back
  1. Load more activity