All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Hi, I was charged with petty larceny and pled guilty to disorderly conduct violation with 1 year conditional discharge. I need to go for my H1B Visa stamping and I wanted to ask if anyone else on the forum has had a successful Visa stamping with the same situation ? If so what kinds of questions were asked by the visa officer at the interview ? What documents had to be submitted ? Do they ask to submit the police report or just the final court disposition is enough ? How long did the processing take ?
  3. gopalakrishnach

H1B out of cap processing

I guess your old withdrawn H1B is gone. I guess you need to go into lottery.
  4. AbhayCharan

USCIS Client VIsit Questions

good work
  5. This are just my personal opinions please do not take them like legal advice. Can I go ahead and submit documents to other employer to file my H1b with COS given the current situation? Yes Can we file multiple H1b applications in parallel? - Yes Will this application with new employer impact my existing application with an RFE? - No Will an application with RFE may impact the new application if submitted? - No
  6. sm2016

Incorrect Priority Date on I-140 Receipt Notice

Hi Manoj, Does your new I-140 approval notice show Nov 2018 or the new I-140 receipt notice show Nov 2018 ? Can you share the steps you took to request a correction with USCIS ? My lawyer keeps insisting that the new I-140 approval notice with the new PD does not have an impact on my ability to benefit from the prior priority date and we will be able to port the PD at the time of AOS filing regardless of what the new I-140 approval notice indicates however as far I understand there is a requirement to prove the job of earlier priority date is available with the same employer at the time of I-485 filing . Please let me know if this is true based on your experience ? You seem to have already been through this process therefore requesting some guidance as I can understand this is much more critical for you because your PD is current right now. Thanks,
  7. Hi Friends, I just joined the Murthy forums, I see some great answers to many questions . I have a unique situation and would like to understand the best option here. My wife is in H1b visa with I140 approved. She got laid off from work on May 10th 2019, I have the below questions. She got her severance direct deposited on may 31st. Below are my questions. 1. Will she start her 60 days grace period from May 31st or May 10th. If it is May 10th, will she go out of status by July 9th? 2. My H1b is valid until Jan 8th 2020, so i can apply for H1b extension only by July 13th 2019. Can my wife stay for extra 4 days in Out of status and apply for H4 along with H1B premium extension. Will this be found by USCIS and cause any issues for her H4/H4 EAD application? Is being 4 days Out of status really a big deal? 3. The h4 Visa waiting times in india is about 60 to 90 days, is it still better to go to India and get it stamped (OR) just apply for H1b to H4 COS in US itself before July 9th 2019. My attorney said it would take about 4 to 6 months to get her H4/H4 EAD. Which is better option? 4. If I decide to do H1b to H4 COS in the US itself, Can the pending H4 application be adjudicated if i get my H1b premium processing done, can he pending H4 get validity until my extended H1b petition even though she files with my current H1b (valid until jan2020). Just asking this to see if i can avoid doing extension again. 5. How does USCIS even know she lost her job on May 10th, even if they know, is it that bad to be in out of status for 5 days ? Please advice.
  8. udaychoudhary

H1B Visa Denied after RFE; Currently on Cooling Period

I have left Company A on Jan 4th 2019 and Company B join on Receipt . Company A revoked the H1B on March 20th 2019. But Company B H1B transfer got denied on Jun 14th 2019. But Company C applied LCA on Jun 7th 2019 and LCA approved. And file H1B now as Full time. C company is client for Company B What will be the next steps Will I have 60 Days Grace period or not? Note : Company A I 797 - I 94 Valid till Jan 2020
  9. Is there a visa interview waiver program for B2 visas if the earlier visa expired within last 12 months? Is there any credibility to it? Answers to all the below questions is YES. Would the applicant qualify for waiver? -- Eligibility Criteria for all applicants except child below 14 years of age and applicant above 80 years of age or older: I have a previous U.S. visa in the same class as the visa for which I wish to apply My most recent visa was issued in India I received my visa after January 1, 2008 My prior visa is not annotated “Clearance Received” or “Department Authorization”. My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was issued on or after my 14th birthday My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was not lost/stolen or cancelled. I have no refusals for a visa in any class after my most recent visa issuance If I am applying for an H or L (individual) or R visa, my prior visa in the same class is still valid or expired within the last 12 months. OR If I am applying for any other class of visa, my prior visa in the same class is still valid or expired within the last 12 months. Note: Blanket L1 visa applicants do not qualify for the Interview Waiver, but Blanket L2 spouses are eligible. If I am applying for an F visa, am continuing as student at same school for which my previous visa was issued. If I am applying for a J visa, my current DS-2019 is issued by the same institution as the institution listed on my previous visa
  10. gopalakrishnach

H1b stamping 221g please advise

Sorry to hear about your case. 1) If mine falls under the complex case category with regards to verification and if so how long it would take for the verification to complete. - No definite time lines for such cases now a days. Thats why everyone advise to do amendment if anything changes in your profile even if new working location address falls in same MSA. 2) Since the visa officer did not take any documents from me (like the employer letter, vendor letter, client letter), how will the Consulate know whom to contact for verification. - They will know your employer details from petition but not sure about current client and vendor deatils. It would have been good if you did amendment. If they need more surely they will approach your employer/attorney 3) Is there anything my attorney can do like emailing the letter of explanation to the consulate. I am just seeing if there is any way we can provide details in writing since all I was asked were the 5 questions mentioned above and no documents taken from me. - Nope as far as I know.
  11. Thank you again for your reply. If you don't mind me asking one more question, I wondered if I need to ask the school manually terminate my F-1 in the SEVIS system due to a reason exceeding 90 days of unemployment. Initially, I asked them to close it before the 90th day, but my DSO seemed to be not familiar with closing it for someone like me who has a pending AOS. While waiting for them to act on it, the 90 days have just passed. But as you said that exceeding 90 days should not negatively affect my AOS application, I am going to stop worrying about it. But I wondered if I still need to ask the school manually terminate it. Or would it auto-terminate my F-1 status/OPT in the SEVP system (I read some articles that the SEVP will start auto-terminate those exceeding 90 days, but I am not sure if they are really doing it)? Thank you!!!
  12. xTDx

my I94 expired but have a valid L1A i797 until dec 31 2019

You do not need a new visa if you already have an existing valid visa in the same classifications. Employers listed on visa stamp do not matter , visa classification matter (H1b or B2 etc). So you can use existing unexpired h1b visa with a valid h1b approval petition to enter USA. You dont need to schedule an appointment at all.
  13. I need urgent help - My H1B amendment and Extension was filed for new client while I was not in US and after filing entered in US in two days . I got I94 till 7/7/2018 and started working for new client using the amendment filing . My I94 and Visa Stamp got expired on 7/7/2018 but I continued working thinking 240 days rule applied I got H1B extn and amendment approved in Jan 2019 but with I 797B Let me know what my options to get I94 updated and new visa stamped
  14. vinay_c2005

H4- EAD renewal (missed the EAD).

Thanks for the quick response. I will go with 1.b) option then. This EAD will have Expire date as per my H1b approval right? just want to confirm.
  15. Hello All, I hope you guys help me with my situation. I have my H1B extension approved for Employer A till Feb 2022. I just received H1B transfer approved for Employer B effective October 2019. I have to travel to India in august and I will need to go for stamping in august and I will come back to USA late august and will start with Employer B in October. Which employer and I797 I should use for stamping? Can I use employer A I797 and do not mention anything about employer B during stamping?
  16. keshavardhan

Need Visa Dates for Quebec City

Hello everyone, Could someone post the visa dates availability for the month of July in Quebec city please. I would greatly appreciate it.
  17. Visa is for entry to USA and i94 dictates for how long one can stay in US. Your wife can stay as long as i94 is valid. If she leaves US after 21st of July , she will need a new visa to enter united states.
  18. US_H1_Stamping

H1B Stamping Possibility in Mexico

@shekar11# Thanks. I had been to Mexico in past for H1B visa renewal, but wasn't sure about H1 stamping in H1->H4->H1 case.
  19. Hello, I was let go from my job last month. I believe I have 60 days from last date of job to find new employment. In case I do not find a new job, I want to know what my options are? (This is plan B and I want to be prepared in case I do not find a new job in 60 days.) 1. After these 60 days, will I be "out of status" or will I have "unlawful presence"? What I mean is, how long can I legally stay in the US? 2. Should I change visa status? If so, should it be changed to student status or visitor status?
  20. I am currently working on H1B visa. My spouse (US citizen) has filed for my Green Card I130/I485/I765 recently. I have received the receipt for 485 and 765. I have not received my employment authorization card/advance parole yet. I have been notified by my employer that I will be impacted by a impending layoff in my organization. I am worried about my immigration status after the layoff. In case I am not able to land a new job before the layoff, what will be my immigration status? I have been told that I will be in “485 pending” status as soon as the layoff is completed. Is this true?
  21. care_candidate

Can i travel from India to USA using i797C.

Technically he needs A valid visa, which he has already. Following are supporting documents. I-797A or I-797B for this visa stamp. Explanation (Oral) what is his plan after expiration of this visa. Amendment I-797C is good to have, just to show you applied to it. Otherwise it is just receipt, not approval.
  22. Saurabhsrv

H1B extension --> H4 renewal / H4 EAD application

Hi @v.dave05@gyahoo.in , @srsathi I'm having the same doubt regarding the H-1B extension I-797 petition number to be put on I-765 EAD form. Will it be current approved petition number or would it be blank (as the new one would not be known at the time of filing) ? Please let me know. Thanks!
  23. dhar_mur

F1 to H4 COS and H4 EAD

I am currently in F1 with my EAD expiring on Feb 5th 2020. My husband has an approved I-140. 1. Can you suggest if I can move to working on H4 EAD seamlessly without losing employment. 2. Can I apply for a COS from F1 to H4 with a start date of 5th Feb 2020 and for H4 EAD together now? Or do I need to wait until 180 days before 5th Feb 2020 to make the application?
  24. JoeF

L1B-F1-H1

Yes.
  1. Load more activity