All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. Yesterday
  3. It appears that there are currently no available appointments for B2 visas for parents in Hyderabad for the entire year. If anyone else is facing the same issue or has any insights or suggestions on how to navigate this situation, I would greatly appreciate your input.
  4. Last week
  5. Hi I was in H4 and later converted to H1B with my son as dependent. After the conversion, we never went to India. Now we are going to India. I got Dropbox appointment and my son has interview 3 days later. When my son goes for interview, does the officer would ask for Primary applicant stamping? Will there be problem for H4 dependent when the primary applicant who is also outside of US does not have stamping? Thanks
  6. Call USCIS to see if you can get an appointment at a USCIS office to get an I-551 stamp before you leave. Otherwise, the airline will let you board the flight back to the US with an Advance Parole. When you arrive at the US port of entry, let the officer know that your Adjustment of Status has already been approved, so they can look it up and admit you as a permanent resident.
  7. When you say "sponsor", do you mean the petitioner? If the petitioner dies before the principal beneficiary immigrates, then the whole petition dies, and nobody gets to immigrate. It's not just a matter of "finding a new sponsor". There are only limited circumstances when the petition can be reinstated: INA 204(l) reinstatement: if at least one beneficiary was residing in the US when the petitioner died, and continues to reside in the US when requesting the reinstatement, or Humanitarian reinstatement: if there is some special humanitarian reason for your case specifically Only if you can get the petition reinstated through one of these limited circumstances would you need to find a substitute sponsor for the I-864.
  8. H1B picked up this year but passport expiring in July 2025 so cannot start with the passport renewal before July 2024. I'll have to proceed with the H1B process with my current passport. But, what should I do after change of status on 1st oct. Should I get a new passport here after Oct and then travel to India or go to India for stamping and then get a new passport there and then get visa stamp and travel back to US. need to know the months that I should do this. For stamping In India, should my passport be more than 6 months from expiry. If I get a new passport here , Can i change the passpoirt number here in my H1B before I travel to India.
  9. Hello, I wanted to know if it is possible to renew my Indian passport that is about to expire on 9th July 2025. My employer and I are in the process of Filling the H1B petition. My main concern is re-entering the USA after I am done with my stamping sometime in late December this year or early January next year (planning to take stamping dates around that time), as I read somewhere that your passport has to be valid for at least 6 months from date of entering the USA.
  10. Hello, I am traveling to India in a week from the US. I booked this travel based on a valid advance parole document. But earlier last week my GC application got approved and a card has been generated. Based on my estimation, I will likely not receive my green card before I board the flight to India. Can someone advise if it is okay to travel to India on advance parole and re-enter?
  11. Given the criteria below, I wonder if I qualify for GC on EB1 priority. Exploring options for dependents 1. EB2 priority date 2015 Nov, currently on H1B 2. STEM Masters in the US, 13 years as a software engineer in the US 3. Recently admitted to Medical School in the US- the matriculation year 2024, will be on F1
  12. Hi Guys, My employer had run payroll till Feb 2024 and stopped running payroll. I have salary slips will Feb 2024 My employer is Indian IT consulting company, I am out for project , I don't have any client currently. I want to know if I am eligible for h1b transfer or I will need Salary slips after Feb 2024 till date to till date. Please help, Thank you,
  13. Hi @rome123 please keep us posted if there is any progress on yours. thanks in advance
  14. Earlier
  15. You mention that you and your spouse have H1b visa + H4 visa until October 2025. I believe it is multiple entry visa. You should have no issues entering back into US after your Canada visit. Enjoy the trip.
  16. Can H4 continue to stay in US (due to kids school) when my husband on valid H1B is travelling to India alone for 4-5 weeks short trip due to family reasons?
  17. Hello There, (1)I am an Indian passport holder who has been working outside India and the USA for more than seven years. (2)Recently, I was offered an opportunity as a consultant to establish a new sales office and business in New York. (3)The parent company, a China-based manufacturer, is also planning to open a new facility in Egypt. (4)We are currently in the process of registering a new company in the USA, which can only happen after June 2024. (5)At present, I am visiting the USA on a B1/B2 visa, (6)Since this is a new setup, I need to know how to convert my visa to an L1 visa for a long-term stay and to run the business. Note: I was hired externally, and there is no paperwork to prove that I have been working in the parent company for more than a year. Your suggestions / inputs will be highly appreciated. Regards, GSK
  18. My H1B got approved and stamped from company A, but I have not traveled to US yet as I applied H1B transfer from company A to company B, which got approved recently. Recently I have applied H4 for my wife with company B details and new I-797. My wife attended interview, her case has been rejected as my passport has old employer stamping. Could you please advise what i should do next?
  19. How long is the average process to port your L1A and I-140. will this also port my L2 for wife and kids. Do i need to file this change with USIC or will it be done by the employer only.
  20. I hold a valid and stamped H1B visa, and my spouse holds an H4 visa, valid until October 2025. Additionally, we have Canada visitor visas valid until January 2026. We plan to visit Vancouver, BC, this weekend and want to ensure that our trip to Canada will not affect our ability to re-enter the United States smoothly upon completion of our visit. Could you advise if traveling to Canada with our current visa statuses (H1B and H4) will affect our return to the United States? Additionally, any specific documents or precautions needed before traveling would be appreciated. TIA.
  21. Thanks a lot for the clarification
  22. My H1-B ultimate expire on April 28th 2024, Can I continue to stay in the US after receiving my H4 COS receipt notice? else I should go back to home country and get stamped? I'll be dependent on my wife's H1-B visa which is valid until September 30 2025.
  23. Can a parent who is on H1B visa carry children's passport and get it stamped as the children not travelling and still staying in USA. Please advise. Thank you, Sravan
  24. Got Laid off in October 2023, transferred to B2 after 60 days. My B2 is expiring on 5th May and I have new emplyer who is filing COS to H1 again but starting date is 20th May. I have couple of questions: 1. Will I be considered out of status between 5th May and 20th May? 2. What can I do avoid if #1 is yes? Is B2 extension which will be in pending few days give me window for legal status? 3. Does it have it be COS or Consular Processing? Appreciate if anyone went through similar process. Very worried about it since after so much hard work, I got job
  25. I was on H1-B visa for 15 years with clean record until March'24. Was impacted due to lay-off, decided to move to home country (India) hence filed I-539 for change of status. USCIS granted me B2 visa (not B1/B2) until Aug'24. Meanwhile I got a job in India but the employer is a US startup with no entity in India. They use an intermediary like Deel.com for payroll, HR etc. I haven't started working yet i.e. I haven't started getting paid yet. Still deciding the start date. New employer has an annual off-site meeting next week which both them and me would really want to attend. Can I attend this annual meeting which is an internal meeting i.e. not a conference ?
  26. We have received our family based (F3) Green Card visa interview appointment letter. As our sponsor passed away a few months ago, understand that we need to find a new sponsor, who can submit the Affidavit of Support and federal tax returns. 1) Can a US Citizen friend, who can submit Affidavit of Support and Federal tax returns, be the new sponsor? 2) Should the new US Citizen sponsor be currently residing in US; and be present at the US airport to sign any document when we land there on an immigrant visa? Appreciate your valuable inputs.
  27. I am also in similar situation. Can I know how this was handled?
  1. Load more activity