All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. I am hearing the news that if the H1 B gets picked up in lottery, the filing fees have been increased to $11,160. Is this true?
  3. Yesterday
  4. A company cannot request payment for the H1. That's in the law.
  5. Hi All, I recently signed an offer letter which stated I am obligated to pay H1B filing fees and other related fees, if I terminate on my own before the agreed contract period. They may deduct from fees or may pursue legal options to get back the fees money My question is whether it is legal to mention H1B reimbursement clause in job offer letter? In which case I have to pay a penalty to my employer which regard to H1B filing fees? I have attached my employer clause on H1B filing fees. Could you please enlighten me?
  6. So I was supposed to renew my daughter's GC once she turned 14 per USCIS rules. The application was submitted on the 30th day since her birthday. I only had to pay the biometric fee and finger printing was done (filing within 30 days). Then I received a letter stating that the application was denied because "USCIS records indicate that you filed more than 30 days AFTER your 14th birthday". And I need to re-apply paying the full fee including biometric. I spoke to the support but the said they are helpless. Is there a way to appeal it? Filing 290B is going to cost more than the I-90 application fee. Or I just need to bite the bullet and re-apply paying the full fee? By the way the greensward is valid for several more years.
  7. It is not necessary to change her name, but it is true there are character limitations on visas and many U.S. government documents and forms.
  8. Hi, Me and my wife is in same situation. Wife H4 visa and i94 is expired in September 2023. Mt H1b is valid until aug2024. We thought we should be fine not extending visa. But just realized i94 is also expired in 2023. not sure what to do now.
  9. Last week
  10. My wife has a very long name with 36 characters in first name and 4 characters in last name. Is it suggested to change name before coming to usa. she has all abbreviated name like "X Y Z A B GGGGGGG " in all academic documents, aadhar and pan card but full expanded name in passport and marriage certificate. Is it suggested to change the name as short form to "GGGGGGG + Lastname" by dropping abbrevations in first name before applying for H4 visa?
  11. Hi, I recently got involved in an unfortunate incident with my wife. We had an argument and my wife called 911 on me. I got arrested and released following day. I was charged with a DV case by state. My wife didn't press any charges as it was done a heat of the moment. I got in touch with a criminal Attorney and he managed to get a dismissal pre-trial once I finish 8 hour anger management class. Will this dismissal be seen as a plea deal in Immigration lens or as a dismissal by Court. I'm freaking out, any advice is much appreciated. Thank You.
  12. I have a travel plan from USA to India and have the visa stamped in passport with old employer till 2026. I have changed the employer. Can I still travel with the old VISA or do I need to get a new VISA stamped for the new employer? Will there be any issues at the port of entry ? How will the I-94 get updated when I return to USA?
  13. You will need paystubs from Company A for a transfer to company B. Good Luck.
  14. I think so, if the H4 applicant has got all the required documents. Good Luck.
  15. Looking to get my visa stamped and having trouble finding slots. ALready have lost a lot of money on fees without getting a visa stamped. Does anyone have access to dates in Canada. when are the next available dates for third coutry nationals? Thank you, Leena
  16. Thanks for sharing your experience. I was arrested in August 2022 for a DWI with a minor in the car (while I was parked at a gas station). Later, this charge was reduced to a DWI class B misdemeanor with deferred adjudication and probation of 18 months. I can get this case expunged after two years. Some lawyers have told me that if I go for stamping, my case will possibly be denied because of the "aggravating" factor present in the police report during the time of arrest. Can someone please advise if this is true? I had read online that for H-1b stamping with DUI, they refer you to a panel physician exam, but I want to know how the aggravating factor would affect this case.
  17. Hello, I am recently converted from F1 to H1 but my employer has not received my i797(delivered) from July, due to an emergency i came to India on Feb 9th and now i am looking to travel back, my employer said they will file PIMS and then go for stamping, I didn't even have a duplicate copy of approval notice apart from filing receipt how can i handle this situation, can the consulate allow without i797. Thanks!
  18. Hi team, Can I travel to India for short vacation (2 weeks) while my depenedent H4 minor stays in the US with my spouse (also in H1B) ? The child is dependent of my H1B and not my spouse. Also, both H4 and myself have stamped valid visa till 2026.
  19. It depends why it was denied, but generally, an H4 applicant can apply directly at the consulate for an H4 visa if the principal is maintaining H1B status.
  20. Sometimes an I-130 can be an issue for an F-1. You need to be able to convince the consular officer that while there may be future immigrant intent, your current intent is as a nonimmigrant for the purpose of education. General processing times for an I-130 is roughly nine to fourteen months, but since this is in the F2A category and the dates are not current, it may take longer and then you still have the NVC/CP process if you are outside the U.S. Travel to another country while the I-130 is in process will not affect the I-130.
  21. Is that all the RFE says? You may want to speak to a US immigration attorney to prepare the response, but in regards to the mark sheets- they may have confused USCIS since they are not relevant to the request of an H4EAD.
  22. If you lie to them, you will be in serious trouble. Just carry your pay slips. On an approved H1 petition, you work for the sponsor.
  23. Hello, I am full time employee with company in USA. I had to travel to India for family urgency and soon after medical issue due to which I am in India from past 1 and half year and working for same company from India. My company know this details. My Payroll is still run in USA and tax is deducted from Pay check every month. Since I am more than 6 months outside of country so do I need to file Non residence tax return in USA and what are the implications on H1B extension coming very soon? Appreciate any expert advice on this question
  24. You mean, if they ask who do I work for, say I work for the company who sponsored me ? Yea, I guess I can do that. But incase of any follow up questions, I've to cook some story that I work on in house project which my sponsor doesn't have.
  25. Nobody is going to believe this "just for replacement". No store owner hands over the cash register to some arbitrary person. You worked without authorization, most likely regularly. That of course comes back to bite you. Seek the help of an immigration lawyer.
  1. Load more activity