All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. No. In the US, the visa date is irrelevant. The date on the I-94 is what counts.
  3. Yesterday
  4. How did USCIS share the I797C copy? If you have the email or cover letter for it, you can attach that too along with the I 797C copy, as well as original receipt notice if you have it. Good Luck.
  5. Check your employer's offer letter for non-compete clause. Good Luck.
  6. It is advisable to change employers after 180 days of receiving I-140. Good Luck.
  7. Last week
  8. Hi, I am currently on H1b and it is valid till Sep 2024, and my husband is also on H1b. I am planning to switch to H4. Can i switch from H1b to H4 without going to the home country? What are my options? Really appreciate your reply. Thanks.
  9. I am working for a company on H1b with approved I140 (approval from previous company). My spouse is also on H1b.Unfortunately his project got over 1.5 months before and in the current market it is very tough to get a new job. His grace period ends by this month. In this case we decided to get him moved to H4 and apply for H4 EAD based on my previous company's I140 approval. I am also searching for a job as my current company is not doing so well, but nothing is guaranteed as of now. In case I transfer my H1b to a new company with a new job, I am worried what will happen to my husband's H4 and H4 EAD petitions? Will they get rejected or should I file H4 and H4EAD again while doing my H1b transfer? Or should we not initiate the EAD again? I am confused. Anyone faced a situation like this before? How did you handle it? Please advise.
  10. I have entered USA March 2024 along with my family. My wife has visa stamped on her passport and her H4 validity till July 2024. At POE they updated my wife I94 till October 2025 as per my new I797 validity and when I checked her I94 online it shows till October 2025. Do I need to apply H4 extension for her?
  11. I recently switched to a new employer on H1b visa. I already crossed 6 years of H1B.I have my previous employer I-140 but my current employer is yet to start my green card process. My visa stamping based on my previous employment has expired. If I go for H1b visa stamping, is there any risk of rejection as I don't have I-140 from my current employer? Appreciate your quick response as I have my h1b visa stamping appointment coming soon.
  12. I have I797 approval from my previous employer till 2025, next steps can be done independently?
  13. It appears that there are currently no available appointments for B2 visas for parents in Hyderabad for the entire year. If anyone else is facing the same issue or has any insights or suggestions on how to navigate this situation, I would greatly appreciate your input.
  14. My employer has not yet received the I797B copy. USCIS only has shared the I797C copy and my employer has asked me to present it to consulate officer as a supporting document for petition approval. Can you please confirm if i can attend the interview or not with I 797C copy ?
  15. Hello, Was your case approved from H1b to F1 with approved i140? I am in the same boat and planning to convert my H1b to F1 with approved i140. I would appreciate your help if your process was approved. Please let me know the exact steps so I can follow it to get my F1 approved. Thank you!
  16. My H1B visa got extended for an additional one year beyond six years because my perm is filled a year before the six year Max-out date. My current employer is going to file the I140 soon. If I get a better opportunity: 1) Can I change the employer? 2) Can the new employer file a new PERM then I140?
  17. I recently moved to the USA and worked with my H-1B sponsor employer for 15 days, receiving one paycheck. Due to a lack of projects, I decided to make an H-1B transfer to another employer and received the receipt. I started working with my new employer and received one paycheck. Now, I have received other opportunities that I am very interested in. My question is: Can I request a new H-1B transfer while my last request is still in progress?
  18. This topic was asked earlier by someone in 2019 and appropriately responded in a clear note. But asking the same question as USCIS rules changes from time to time. So, wanted to double check. I have a valid H1B visa (sponsored by Company X) that is valid till June 2026. But I have moved to another company Y and have valid I-797 approval notice. WE (myself and my wife) are planning to go to India in next couple of months. Do we need the new visa with Company Y's sponsorship OR I can re-enter US with existing valid visa (sponsored by company X) and new I-797 approval notice?
  19. Hi I was in H4 and later converted to H1B with my son as dependent. After the conversion, we never went to India. Now we are going to India. I got Dropbox appointment and my son has interview 3 days later. When my son goes for interview, does the officer would ask for Primary applicant stamping? Will there be problem for H4 dependent when the primary applicant who is also outside of US does not have stamping? Thanks
  20. Hi All- I am on H1B status and I-140 approved and my priority data is Dec-11-2014. My son is studying in USA since his kindergarten. Currently he is studying in Engineering. He is on H4 status from past 14 years. He is about to turn 21 in next 10 moths. Is there a way he continue as Dependent status or Is there a possibility to get H4 EAD, I have gone through in google and they stated as follows " Q: At what age can a dependent child get an EAD? A: Children over age 16-18 and full-time students under age 24 may apply for an EAD, if they meet other eligibility requirements. Also ii red some where in the google about this bill "H.R.3442 - Protecting Children of Long-Term Visa Holders Act of 2023" By any chance can anyone of you help on what are all options available in this regard? Thanks and Regard.
  21. If you are planning a visit and re-entering in January 2025, you will definitely need a renewed passport, otherwise your I-94 given at POE immigrations, US border, will have an end date of July 9th 2025 and you will be back here again asking what to do next. Good Luck.
  22. Call USCIS to see if you can get an appointment at a USCIS office to get an I-551 stamp before you leave. Otherwise, the airline will let you board the flight back to the US with an Advance Parole. When you arrive at the US port of entry, let the officer know that your Adjustment of Status has already been approved, so they can look it up and admit you as a permanent resident.
  23. The AP is invalid now. You need the GC.
  24. Earlier
  25. When you say "sponsor", do you mean the petitioner? If the petitioner dies before the principal beneficiary immigrates, then the whole petition dies, and nobody gets to immigrate. It's not just a matter of "finding a new sponsor". There are only limited circumstances when the petition can be reinstated: INA 204(l) reinstatement: if at least one beneficiary was residing in the US when the petitioner died, and continues to reside in the US when requesting the reinstatement, or Humanitarian reinstatement: if there is some special humanitarian reason for your case specifically Only if you can get the petition reinstated through one of these limited circumstances would you need to find a substitute sponsor for the I-864.
  26. H1B picked up this year but passport expiring in July 2025 so cannot start with the passport renewal before July 2024. I'll have to proceed with the H1B process with my current passport. But, what should I do after change of status on 1st oct. Should I get a new passport here after Oct and then travel to India or go to India for stamping and then get a new passport there and then get visa stamp and travel back to US. need to know the months that I should do this. For stamping In India, should my passport be more than 6 months from expiry. If I get a new passport here , Can i change the passpoirt number here in my H1B before I travel to India.
  27. Hello, I wanted to know if it is possible to renew my Indian passport that is about to expire on 9th July 2025. My employer and I are in the process of Filling the H1B petition. My main concern is re-entering the USA after I am done with my stamping sometime in late December this year or early January next year (planning to take stamping dates around that time), as I read somewhere that your passport has to be valid for at least 6 months from date of entering the USA.
  28. Hello, I am traveling to India in a week from the US. I booked this travel based on a valid advance parole document. But earlier last week my GC application got approved and a card has been generated. Based on my estimation, I will likely not receive my green card before I board the flight to India. Can someone advise if it is okay to travel to India on advance parole and re-enter?
  1. Load more activity