All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. I want to know within how many days/months we can take to move to new job location once the H1B ammendment for Job location change is approved? can we take 1 or 2 months?or do we need to move immediately. It is the same employer, same role no changes in anything but the job location.
  3. murthy.user

Impact of arrest on background check

If your state allows sealing/expungement of arrest then go for it. My state allows it and I got my arrest sealed/expunged. I have changed my job multiple times after that so I have gone through 3 different national background check companies and they all reported that I have no criminal record. You can always request your state's criminal report and it will show you what is publicly available. Also, most companies (not sure about Banks and financial companies that require FBI fingerprint check as part of background check) don't care about just arrest record with no conviction.
  4. Can a F-1 Visa student can give tutoring lessons online even though he is working for 20hrs/week? For example, if the pay falls into his bank account directly from websites like tutor.com etc ?
  5. Yesterday
  6. Most of H4 EAD are highly educated women able to work only after I-140 approval. Which is a very minor number compared to all other visa's. This country encouraged that and helped women empowerment; allowing women to be able to work and stand on ones feet, take care of expenses and ones children. Times have changed and women empowerment needs to be looked at seriously; which is the most important thing for any country to be proud about. But currently hearing the new rule to revoke H4 EAD is dis-hearting and unbelievable that a developed country would impose it on majorly women. Why this discrimination that all others can work but only H4 cannot? We need this visa to have self respect and dignity and not waste our education (degree, masters, PhD), its our American dream...do not take it away from us.
  7. Sravani976

H1 b Stamping in Canada

Hi, I got my H1 b extension got approved recently. I would like to get my first h1 b stamping after status change from F1 to H1b in Canada. Please advise the necessary documents and steps to be followed. Thanks
  8. Geethu45

Tijuana Stamping

Have anyone been to Tijuana for H1b stamping recently. How was the experience?
  9. sunnydeol111

H1b visa stamping with Dismissed criminal record

I am in the same bucket. I am thinking to take the diversion class ASAP. Do you know how long does it take for DA to drop the charges once the class is taken? The reason I am asking is because, my employer needs to file I-140 and H1B extension before August this year and I am worried that the case (if not dropped right away after taking the class) will show up while USCIS processing my H1B extension/I-140 petition. My H1B extension will be denied and I have to leave the country. I am so worried. Please help .
  10. I am in the same bucket. I am thinking to take the diversion class ASAP. Do you know how long does it take for DA to drop the charges once the class is taken? The reason I am asking is because, my employer needs to file I-140 and H1B extension before August this year and I am worried that the case (if not dropped right away after taking the class) will show up while USCIS processing my H1B extension/I-140 petition. My H1B extension will be denied and I have to leave the country. I am so worried. Please help .
  11. policy_wonk

Citizenship Interview - Decision Not Yet Made Status

"He stated, how am I to verify if you didnt travel outside the country for more than 6 months to a year." With all these fancy systems in place, it's funny he thought he had to see the passport book to know this. I am sure your every entry and exit if recorded on a passport, is also recorded in a networked system - you would think an immigration officer handling a citizenship interview would be able to access if needed!
  12. policy_wonk

Job changes

They don't care at all about how often you switch jobs!
  13. JoeF

Can old employer reapply withdrawn I-140?

They would have to file a new PERM and then I-140.
  14. As you don't work for A, A's petition has nothing to do with you and it should not concern you.
  15. You do not need to worry regarding Employer A petition.
  16. adshah84

H4 Extension Stamping

Yes she must use your I797 from current employer and she can go for drop box.
  17. Last week
  18. Hi, I am in a peculiar situation and urgent inputs needed I am currently working with Employer A (have valid i797 and need stamping if I travel) and I got job offer from Employer B. Employer B initiated my H1 transfer in premium processing couple of months back and it went to RFE. I am still working with my current Employer A. However, i need to travel to India for about 3 weeks. 1) Can i travel during RFE (my travel cannot be avoided due to imp reasons) 2) if i travel, can I go for stamping with my Employer A while my transfer to Employer B is in RFE/pending? 3) If the transfer to Employer B gets approved when I am in India, will there be any issues/possible scenarios if i go for stamping? ( I assume this may be the right option for me if i travel and if it falls in place, let me know) 4) If my petition gets rejected when i am in India, can i go for stamping with Company A and come back and work with the older employer if it gets approved? 5) During my trip, if my transfer status is still in RFE, can i come back on the older petition (I will have to go for stamping and get the approval obvisouly for this) and then once the transfer gets approved, can I start working for employer B. Please advise me on the best/worst case scenarios. Thanks
  19. Hi, I am in a peculiar situation and urgent inputs needed I am currently working with Employer A (have valid i797 and need stamping if I travel) and I got job offer from Employer B. Employer B initiated my H1 transfer in premium processing couple of months back and it went to RFE. I am still working with my current Employer A. However, i need to travel to India for about 3 weeks. 1) Can i travel during RFE (my travel cannot be avoided due to imp reasons) 2) if i travel, can I go for stamping with my Employer A while my transfer to Employer B is in RFE/pending? 3) If the transfer to Employer B gets approved when I am in India, will there be any issues/possible scenarios if i go for stamping? ( I assume this may be the right option for me if i travel and if it falls in place, let me know) 4) If my petition gets rejected when i am in India, can i go for stamping with Company A and come back and work with the older employer if it gets approved? 5) During my trip, if my transfer status is still in RFE, can i come back on the older petition (I will have to go for stamping and get the approval obvisouly for this) and then once the transfer gets approved, can I start working for employer B. Please advise me on the best/worst case scenarios. Thanks
  20. gcseeker11

Travel to India During RFE - Need Input

Hi, I am in a peculiar situation and urgent inputs needed I am currently working with Employer A (have valid i797 and need stamping if I travel) and I got job offer from Employer B. Employer B initiated my H1 transfer in premium processing couple of months back and it went to RFE. I am still working with my current Employer A. However, i need to travel to India for about 3 weeks. 1) Can i travel during RFE (my travel cannot be avoided due to imp reasons) 2) if i travel, can I go for stamping with my Employer A while my transfer to Employer B is in RFE/pending? 3) If the transfer to Employer B gets approved when I am in India, will there be any issues/possible scenarios if i go for stamping? ( I assume this may be the right option for me if i travel and if it falls in place, let me know) 4) If my petition gets rejected when i am in India, can i go for stamping with Company A and come back and work with the older employer if it gets approved? 5) During my trip, if my transfer status is still in RFE, can i come back on the older petition (I will have to go for stamping and get the approval obvisouly for this) and then once the transfer gets approved, can I start working for employer B. Please advise me on the best/worst case scenarios. Thanks
  21. Noah Lott

How to get mother's visitor visa

my guess is that on each of those occasions, say in 2010, you had a new born; in 2013 another one and in 2016 your spouse wanted to return to work....extending the admission time to 'see the sights' is an excuse that has been used way too often and is just not true.....you will be hard pressed to convince a CO otherwise....
  22. I have applied for citizenship and my interview is due soon. I am a divorcee and have my divorce decree. I do not have my marriage certificate. Is it ok to go for interview without marriage certificate and just the divorce decree?
  23. Chandra247

H1B transfer after 6 months of I140 approval

Thanks adshah84 for your precise answers to my points. thanks gopalkrish for your comments too. i will also consult an attorney and update the thread later.
  24. JimH

Impact of arrest on background check

I was arrested for domestic violence misdemeanor and case was dismissed on trial date by Judge for lack of evidence. The case is also sealed. This happened 3-4 years ago and since then I have changed multiple jobs in multiple states and didn’t face any issues. By law, background companies shouldn’t report arrests which didn’t lead to conviction unless you are applying for Federal jobs or some sensitive jobs. Hope this helps.
  25. Hi, i work as a software developer for xx company.i have got my h1b extension approved in April 2019, but a week ago I have received a NOIR. The reason USCIS stated was I have a bachelors in electrical and electronics engineering and I am not eligible to work as a software developer. Can I overcome this case anyway? Thanks.
  26. Hi, I'm on H-1B. My previous employer has withdrawn approved I-140 even after 180 days of approval. Now I'm with a different employer. Can my previous employer reinstate/re-apply for my I-140 again? Thanks.
  27. Hi, I'm on H-1B. My previous employer has withdrawn approved I-140 even after 180 days of approval. Now I'm with a different employer. Can my previous employer reinstate/re-apply for my I-140 again? Thanks.
  28. Mufaddal

H1B Stamping

Thanks for your reply. I heard that now a days they are giving 221g slip and delaying it. is it true ?
  1. Load more activity