All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. The visa stamp is irrelevant while in the US. In the US, the date on the I-94 matters.
  3. Hi, My spouse case selected in the lottery for H1B (April 2024). She needs to go to India for the vacation and planning for the H4 VISA stamping. Please check the travel plan below and confirm there will be any issue in this matter. 1. H1B Selected on April 2024 2. Traveling to India on end of May 2024 3. The H1B post documentation process will be on or before Jun 2024 by petitioner 4. H4 VISA stamping appointment is on July 2024 5. Traveling back to US on Aug 2024 6. She may or may not start her work with H1B by October 2024 **She is having a valid H4/I94 status until 2026. Thank you
  4. Yesterday
  5. You are currently in India. Your current employer will be filing your H1b in consular processing, so you can get a US visa stamp and enter US. Your employer should have a job waiting for you, as he is filing your H1b. Good Luck.
  6. Check online if you are able to get stamping in Sydney, Australia. A colleague of mine was able to. Good Luck.
  7. Hi , My h4 visa stamping has expired and i still have valid ead till 2026. my husband is h1b visa holder has has visa valid till 2026. Hes not giving me his i797 now. Can i apply for f1 visa now .will it get denied ?as i have valid ead ?
  8. Hi Everyone I'm currently in the USA but need to visit Sydney for a family visit. My last two stampings were in India. Can I get stamped in Sydney, Australia? Quick response would be highly appreciated. Thanks
  9. So how should I answer 25, 26, 27 if I have a speeding ticket?
  10. Last week
  11. I have moved to the US and worked for 15 days, received my first paystub, and then submitted my resignation via email after discussing with my H1B employer to move to a new employer. However, I haven't received my relieving letter, and my employer is not responding. Is there anything I can do legally to obtain the relieving letter from my employer? I have evidence of paystubs and offer letters.
  12. My wife went for dropbox appointment and submitted all the relevant documents and passport. After receiving the passport we noticed date of birth was worng on h4 visa. How can we get it corrected and please let us know the procedure to follow in this situation ?
  13. Hi. I'm writing to know if I can work as a volunteer for an NGO in India, while I am on H4 visa in USA. I am not getting paid for any such volunteering and its purely based on my interests.
  14. I had an approved H1B petition with stamped visa which expired just 6 months back. But unfortunately I couldn’t utilise it to travel to US for jobs within the validity period. So, below are my concerns: 1. Will I be considered as a H1B cap exempt in this case? 2. Can I approach another employer to transfer my petition without going through the H1B lottery process again? 3. Is there any specific time period until which I can keep approaching the new employers who can take care of transfer?
  15. I have been reading in the forums that since the status H1b is the same, you should be able to use your previous H1b visa, sponsored by Company X) and at port of entry, immigrations (POE), show the H1b approval of this other company. Hope you have one year + validity in your current passport, to accommodate the I-94. Good Luck.
  16. If going to India, definitely get your passport renewed before coming back to US so that you will get an I-94 with the same expiry date as your H1b expiry date at POE (point of entry), immigrations. Good Luck.
  17. Thanks for your reply. In this case, Is I94 enough for applying H4 EAD or Do need the H4 approved petition and Stamped visa?
  18. Got I-140 approved in H1B/EB2 category, had to relocate and now back in US in L1A. What are next steps for GC? I worked in US for 6years in H1B Visa, and got my PERM/I-140 done/approved. Relocated during Covid to home country, and now back in USA in L1A. My PD is Nov-2013. Question is I want to switch to new job/company. Is there any possibility while in L1A considering I have I-140 approved?
  19. Hello I am on L1A, wife is employed on L2S. L1A visa to be renewed June 2025. L1 A i140 approved and date is not current right now. Further now my company applied for H1B and its has been picked in lottery , company now asking for documents to file for H1B. Question is what if H1B visa is approved , will it make L1A Visa invalid , will it hinder my GC process via EB1 route ? will I then get into the EB2 route and therefore will have to wait even longer for the GC process ? Please can you throw some light here
  20. I worked in US on H1B for almost 5 years earlier.I have 20 plus years of IT experience. I am currently living in India and I recently got Selected in lottery for H1B. I also have a copy of Form I-797C. My query is I have a taken a break and currently not working. Will this be an issue while filing for my H1B? I would appreciate if anyone can answer my query with clarity. Thanks in Advance
  21. No. In the US, the visa date is irrelevant. The date on the I-94 is what counts.
  22. I am currently on H1B visa and my I-140 is in process but I haven't gotten the final approval. Now, I am on bench without a project since last 6 months. My employer has been running my payroll so that is not an issue but now my employer wants me to transfer to B1/B2 visa for next few months and transfer back to H1B visa once I get a project. My question is that will transferring to B1/B2 visa or even moving to India temporarily till I get a project stop my I-140 processing or does that continue irrespective of my current visa status?
  23. How did USCIS share the I797C copy? If you have the email or cover letter for it, you can attach that too along with the I 797C copy, as well as original receipt notice if you have it. Good Luck.
  1. Load more activity