All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Yesterday
  4. Last week
  5. Noah Lott

F1 Visa stamping PHD

CPT is phony and Cumberland 'University' is ????
  6. Noah Lott

F1 reject with 214b

you should have been interviewed by that other CO that, according to a different poster, only asked one question during his or her interview, whereas your CO asked several...(normal)....your background story sounds weak
  7. Noah Lott

F1 Visa rejected thrice, should I reapply?

what utter nonsense about only one question being asked....no CO asks one question of an applicant, then denies their application....pure baloney. So many applicants make up this story trying to cast the CO in a bad light instead of admitting that they are not a qualified visa candidate....
  8. if Syria is still on the travel ban list, well, that cannot be waived or ignored..
  9. H1B extension got approved until late Aug 2019, after upgrading to premium. Received RFE on H4 extension. I94 for H4 expired in Dec 2018. Need to file extension for H1B and H4 soon, based on approved I140. What are my options for responding to H4 RFE and filing subsequent H4 Extension?
  10. Hello, I finished my 6th year of H1B in August 2018. I'm in my 7th year using recapture and my I94 expires on September 3rd. My employer filed the ETA9089 in January and it hasn't been certified yet, six months later. As far as I know, it's not being audited, but I think it will because foreign language is a requirement for my job (unless they consider there's no need to audit since the job position is "Bilingual Teacher"). My employer's attorney has been oblivious to the situation and has been telling me BS. For instance, that I have a 60 day grace period after my I94 expires, which is not true. She's confused with the 60 day grace period if an H1B worker loses his job AND the I94 has NOT expired. She's also telling me that we can fill an H1B extension while waiting for PERM. Which again, is BS, because my PERM was filed only six months ago, and as far as I know, for me to get the extension, the PERM should have been filed before the sixth year on H1B and been processing for a year. I think my employer, being advised by their attorney, expects me to continue to show up to work after my I94 expires. I've been monitoring the DOL website every day to see if my case has been certified, and nothing. They are already certifying May 31st, and mine was filed in January! So, my question is, what are my options if it's September and my I94 expires? Do I have to leave the US? Thanks!
  11. Shreekrishnan

RFE response review time

Thats quite a long wait..review of rfe takes 3 to 5 months in CSC?
  12. Hmm, a PhD requires research 24/7. At a real university you wouldn't have time to do any CPT, you would work on research backed by grants. So, the CPT looks bogus. Care to provide the name of the university?
  13. The employer shod inform USCIS way before Oct. 1 that you are not working there. Like, right now.
  14. If you are not going to work for A you can't list their information.
  15. Hi all, Looking for urgent advice, we submitted DS 160 form for Canada few months ago. I do not seem to have the copy saved locally. My lawyer wants to review the form I submitted. How can i retrieve the form i submitted. My visa appointment is in next week. I hope you can advice thank you in advance.
  16. Yes I have filed the AOS in April and current status is : Case is Ready to schedule an interview but I am sure it takes a month or two to schedule interview for GC so meanwhile checking what happens if h1 rejects 😞
  17. I have my citizenship interview in early August. I have been filing taxes regularly but I filed an extension this time (for 2018 taxes) and was planning to file my taxes by Oct. Could this be an issue? Should I plan to file my taxes for 2018 before the citizenship interview or is it ok to do it latter?
  18. Jura

Sponsoring Aged Out Daughter

Hello. I had applied for GC in the EB2 category with PD 2011 Oct. I have now got approved in the EB1 and my PD has been ported. In the meantime, my daughter, who was in my original application has aged out. Green Once I get my Green Card, I will sponsor her in the F2B category. But will she be able to retain the original PD of 2011 Oct since she was originally in my application? Thanks
  19. A transfer would only be possible if you would start working on the H 1 for the original employer. Since you got laid off the H1 is gone.
  20. No issue from an immigration standpoint. The GC is unrestricted work authorization. However, your employment contract may not allow such side jobs.
  21. So, which university was it? Application success depends to a big part on the quality of the university. Getting admission from a well-known public university is best.
  22. Well, all my siblings live there (with their families) and she lives in her own house in a wealthy neighborhood in Damascus. Her siblings live in Europe and we have extended family everywhere as we come from Armenian background. She could go and live in Turkey, Lebanon, Armenia, Jordan, Russia or Germany etc any moment if she wanted but she is happy there in Syria. I'm just wondering whether her nationality would be the mere impact to deny her visa provided that Syria is on the travel ban list, and what can be done in such case, if any, to facilitate her visa process.
  23. How did you handled your situation ? Did you filed extension before your maxout date ?
  24. This week, Murthy Law Firm attorneys will answer questions related to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). Rules for Topic of the Week Threads: 1. Attorney's postings contain general information only and are not a substitute for case-specific legal advice. 2. The attorney will answer only those questions which relate to the main subject. If you have a question on some other issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section. 3. The attorney will not necessarily answer every question posted and may provide a single answer to a group of similar questions. 4. Please do not provide information which would identify any specific company, university or individual.
  25. sd85333

I 140

Hi, Can any one kindly advise on my below situation: My PERM was approved in March 2019. My employer lost the page where I (employee) had to sign on the approved original PERM. My employer and attorney went ahead and applied for i140 on regular processing on april 22nd, 2019. I was told that it can't be filed on premium processing in the case of lost originals. Is it correct? My case is still pending. Am I eligible to apply for H1B extension based on pending i140 and approved PERM? Also, meanwhile I am waiting for my H1B recapture extension approval which is for until August 19th, 2019. I will not have legal status after August 19th, 2019 to continue to work.
  26. Hi, can any one kindly help:

My PERM was approved in March 2019. My employer lost the page where I (employee) had to sign on the approved original PERM. My employer and attorney went ahead and applied for i140 on regular processing on april 22nd, 2019. I was told that it can't be filed on premium processing in the case of lost originals. Is it correct? My case is still pending. Am I eligible to apply for H1B extension based on pending i140 and approved PERM?

Also, meanwhile I am waiting for my H1B recapture extension approval which is for until August 19th, 2019.

I will not have legal status after August 19th, 2019 to continue to work.

27. Hi I got my H1 approved on May 2019 and I got the Client Letter for this approval on April 2019. I have scheduled my Visa Interview in India on Aug 2019.Do I need a new Client Letter and Vendor Letter while going for interview or shall I can use the same letters provided during April 2019. Thanks
  28. Nish12121212

H1 to H4 to H1

My wife got her H1B selected in lottery in 2017. However, she quit her job to take care of our infant daughter and changed her status to H4 on my H1B. Now she is applying for jobs again and we want to understand the process and processing times for her to get her status changed back to H1B.
  29. Hello All, I have a valid H1B visa approved (stamped as well) until Jan 2020. In May 2019, I traveled to Canada for two weeks via car and returned to US via land using Port Huron port of entry. I was not given a I 94 card or any stamp on my passport while entering. However, when I check the I94 travel history on website, I see an entry for May 16th,2019 is marked as shown below. When I check the most recent I 94 results, I see most recent date of entry as 2018-12-25 Can you please advise if it is okay for me to not have an I94 or a mark on my passport for my recent travel from Canada via land. Kindly advise.
  1. Load more activity