All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. pontevecchio

H1 extension was approved for 1 month

What does the employer say?
  4. "The period of authorized stay a business visitor or tourist can remain in the U.S. is controlled by their I-94 Entry and Departure Record within the Customs and Border Protection database. "
  5. 1. You have to wait for an RFE. 2. Most likely an RFE though in Trump's America, anything can happen. But the I-130 stands on its own in any case. 3. See 1. The RFE will make it self evident. 4. https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864instr.pdf Wait for the RFE.
  6. pontevecchio

H1B approved about to get married and to lose job

Once married, you can apply for AOS and the EAD. Obviously, you can work on the basis of the EAD and later on the GC. Keep a lawyer in the loop.
  7. pontevecchio

H1B Visa Stamping - Max out date around 3 months

Maybe ask the company if they will file in PP.? before you leave. 1. Yes. But easier for you to get a longer-term visa based on approval of your H1 extension. 2. Yes. But the visa will only be for 3 months if you do not get your H1 extension approved already. Inform the company of your travel plans.
  8. pontevecchio

H1-Transfer after i-94 expiry

1. No 2. The fact that you got an I94 means they consider your stay legal. Make sure with the lawyer for B that there has been no error by USCIS. 3. For future reference, A company has to revoke the petition of an employee who leaves. Maybe look up all the details of the H1 program? to save future confusion. 4. If USCIS made no error as per the lawyer for B, there should be no effect. 5. I suspect your spouse will have to reapply. See if B will pay as a courtesy.
  9. slopeofhope

Apply H1 while H4 EAD is pending

I have already applied H4 EAD few weeks ago, once I approved I will only get it till end of next year (since husbend H1 expires end of next year). My question is can i apply for H1 while h4 EAD is pending? I found a good employer who can sponser h1b- I'm willing to go for H1b route since i can get 3 year visa as they have a longterm contract. please advise.
  10. pontevecchio

Internship on H4 EAD while pursuing Master's

No reason why you cannot do so.
  11. Thank you - i have checked with the insurance agent and I might have used the term "visitors insurance" incorrectly there. The insurance I got is specific for GC holders in US - it has a max covered limit and is only useful for ER and short term hospital stays. As you suggested, I will also check the state exchange to compare the coverages between the two. Appreciate your help.
  12. The employer is required by law to inform USCIS that you no longer work there. That is completely irrelevant for you. You have a 60 day grace period (or until the I-94 expiration, whichever is shorter) to find a new job or leave the country. After that, the H4 for your spouse and with it the H4-EAD would become invalid.
  13. Can Rehire apply for L1B again, if his L1B was rejected in previous tenure in Same company? I was employee in company XXX from 2010-2013. During this tenure, I had applied for L1B visa and it was rejected saying "not clearly approval". I had quit job in 2013 and joined different company YYY and served till 2016. Now I have joined back same company XXX and want to file L1B. Will I be eligible for filing L1B again? Or should i go for L1 individual? What precautions needs to taken care while filing L1B now?
  14. Can anyone please let me know the earliest available H1b Visa appointment dates in Hyderabad, Chennai, and Mumbai.
  15. anantap

H1B Visa Stamping

I have DUI in 2012. I Was asked to to Panel Physician, when I appeared for Visa stamping in 2013. Now that its been more than 5 years that DUI incident happened, will I be asked to go to Panel physician again or does my DUI impact again in my visa stamping process? Please suggest!
  16. Ask company B to file H1b CAP exempt petition in PP via consular processing. Once it's approved get stamped and come back. Leave country ASAP.
  17. spf2f

H1 extension was approved for 1 month

i already got the approval. Can we open a service request and will that change any thing? If not i know that i have to file another extension. My question was have any of you heard this short length of approval? If yes.. did you file a new extension or opened a service request.
  18. My H1B petition is approved till 1st Nov 2019 and its my 6 year max out date. I have I-140 approved recently but not filed for extension yet. I am planning to travel to India in mid july and have drop box eligibility for visa stamping. On the day of stamping i will have 3+ month remaining in my current approved petition on which i am applying for stamping. I am planning to file for extension after coming back to US. ' 1. Is it enough time duration for stamping? 2. it ok to file extension while you are travelling to other country and applying for visa stamping?
  19. Aartimail

H1B Visa Stamping -maxout within 6 months period

My H1B petition is approved till 1st Nov 2019 and its my 6 year max out date. I have I-140 approved recently but not filed for extension yet. I am planning to travel to India in mid july and have drop box eligibility for visa stamping. On the day of stamping i will have 3+ month remaining in my current approved petition on which i am applying for stamping. I am planning to file for extension after coming back to US. ' 1. Is it enough time duration for stamping? 2. it ok to file extension while you are travelling to other country and applying for visa stamping?
  20. Rachael2011

H1B Forgot to Submit a Copy

Anyone else with some helpful advice?
  21. JoeF

Stamping with 2 Part Time H-1Bs

You always only apply for one visa. You probably have to show the approval notices for both H1 petitions when you enter. But it is always only one visa. There is no such thing as "part time visa." A visa is an entry document that allows you to enter the US in the particular status associated with the visa. Pet time or full time are specifics of the H1 petitions, which are separate from a visa.
  22. Hi Everyone,  I hope this helps to people who are in similar situations. I will keep you posted on further update. 1-Apr-13 > Applied for H1B in Premium Processing. 13-Apr-13 > Selected in lottery and received receipt number. 17-Apr-13 > H1B was approved till 30 Sep 2016. 10-Dec-13 > Attended interview for H1B stamping in Vancouver, Canada. VO issued 221g white and my case status updated as administrative processing. 26-Dec-13 > Consulate called me for Second round of interview and told me that my documents are being return to USCIS for review. 3-Apr-14 > Case status updated but still as administrative processing. 29-Apr-14 > USCIS update my case status as Department of state sent your case for review.We will send you the decision once review is complete. 9-Apr-18 > USCIS updated case status as 'we sent you notice of intent to revoke' and my attorney received the NOIR notice from vermont service center. In the notice uscis asked to submit supporting documents by 9 May 2018 to avoid revocation. 18-Apr-18 > Attorney sent a response to Notice of Intent to revoke to USCIS in Fedex. 19-Apr-18 > Fedex delivered package to uscis Vermont service center. 24-Apr-18 > USCIS updated case status as 'Response To USCIS Request For Evidence Was Received'. 18-Jun-19 > USCIS Reaffirmed And Mailed Back To Department Of State.
  23. Yesterday
  24. I came to US in 2006 and gotten my I-140 approved with Eb2 April 2011 Priority. I got stamped in chennai Successfully thrice. My H1B was renewed in 2017 till April 2020. When we filed the extension back in 2017, I was with Client A. Now I changed to Client B (EC model) within the same MSA (25 miles). My pay rate, roles and responsibilities are all the same. I'm planning to go on vacation next month and get stamped at Chennai. Could I carry the client letter from Client B, new LCA and other documents for the VISA?
  25. keshavardhan

Need Visa Dates Info for Toronto

Can anyone please help me with this. I would appreciate a lot.
  26. akatav

Renew H1B after expiry

I was granted h1b through lottery in 2015. In 2016, i got a new job and the h1b was transferred and granted until 2019 January. But I did not stay there for long. I returned to my country. Is this visa renewable ? Would it have to go through the lottery again ?
  27. Haider langah

Cr1 visa

i had my interview for Cr1 visa on 22-May-2019. VO gave me 221g slip for subimt additional documents. i submitted documents on 25-May-2019. My ceac visa status shows AP but travel docs shows Document deleivery information: what does it mean? warm regards, Haider Ali Langah.
  1. Load more activity