All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Noah Lott

H1b Revoked

Joe, quite often employers fill out an LCA incorrectly to try and hide the true facts...just another element in the world of H1B fraud.
  3. During my wife’s H4 interview, the officer kept her passport and issued her a 221(g) blue form stating that they will wait for my H1 stamping to be complete before moving on hers. Mine was Dropbox and was issued in 2 days. But that did not change anything for my wife’s status. It is been more than a week and still shows administrative processing. The visa officer did say she won’t have to come back for another interview and that he will make a note on her case and update is as soon as mine was approved. Worried since it’s been more than a week. Does anyone have any suggestions imilar experience? Any reason to be concerned? i couldn’t find any way to contact anyone in person to let them know my visa is issued now and that my wife’s should be updated based on what the officer said. Anyone know who and how to contact? Thanks
  4. Some one posted in FB: We had recently been there to Monterrey in June for our L1B extension. We met three other folks who had come for their respective H1B extensions as well. 1. Flight is the best mode of transport. We flew from Atlanta to Monterrey and one of the folks whom we met flew from Chicago. I am sure Houston and Dallas have connecting services as well. Another folk whom we met travelled via bus (Greyhound) and he did not have a good experience as per him. I don’t have an idea on self driving to this place. Though am a driving enthusiast, I will definitely not be willing to take that risk. 2. We stayed in Hotel Radisson in San Pedro area. Hotel services were decent and they do provide a shuttle to US Consulate and back. It is also 600m away from a big mall and hence all kinds of shopping is at a walkable distance. Since they have a wide variety of cuisines in the mall’s food court, you have plenty of options to choose from provided you are not a big fan of Mexican food. Uber Eats works as well. There is an Accenture office 10 minutes away from the hotel and one of the restaurants (I don’t remember the name) serves Indian Food for lunch. I couldn’t complain about the taste. 3. Parking at the Consulate is very limited and it is advised to take an Uber from your hotel if it doesn’t offer any shuttle services. You can’t take any electronic items (smart watches, headphones, mobiles, tablets etc.) or bag inside the Consulate. However there is a small canteen like shop just inside the Consulate gate. For a fee of 40 Pesos they take care of your belongings safe. 4. Biometrics and the interview locations are NOT the same. You should find the respective addresses in the appointment confirmation letter that you receive after your MRV fee payment. Also, plan your travel accordingly as during peak (office) hours, you can expect to see some traffic jam. Plan to arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time for both of your appointments. Weather is quite hot and dry. 5. It is a pretty busy Consulate and expect to stand close to an hour or two in line before your interview is complete. You could pay Fraud Detection fees inside the Consulate using your AMEX or any other international credit card. 6. Interview itself was pretty straight forward with usual questions like Job Duties, Salary, Number of Years with the Company, Specialized knowledge description (since mine was L1B) etc. Passport collection is within a day or two. Few of us got it the next day while few got it two days later. Everyone’s was approved. It is worth telling your VO that you have a flight to catch next day in order to expedite the passport collection if possible. It worked in our case, but cannot guarantee on this (sorry). Please note that Passport collection is only at the Consulate which is in the outskirts of the city. 7. If you have a valid US VISA or a Mexican tourist VISA, there should not be any problems for you to enter Mexico. For other I94 and Mexico entry related queries, probably Ernesto would be able to help. Hopefully this answers most of your queries. Please respond in the comments section below if you have any further questions. I would answer as much as am aware of it.
  5. hellosrpm

F1 visa-medical leave

Hi, My son is under F1 visa, doing PhD in biomedical. He is on medical leave. Looks like his school is under the assumption that he will not be out of status because of his medical leave as there’s no restriction on the medical leave duration for F1 students. Just want to understand the medical leave policy for F1 visa students.Thanks
  6. Hi, Where do we verify my stamped H1B visa still exists or revoked from USCIS portal. I can look from my passport visa dates etc but i would like to verify my visa is status from USCIS portal. Will it be possible to do that? please help with steps or websites to verify. Great , thanks.
  7. venkatramrm@gmail.com

H1B Extn Stamping - Matamoros: Need Open Dates for Sept

Somehow .... Sep dates did not open much for Matamoros. Right now October dates are open at Matamoros; This might help you with finding 1st available visa dates in all locations in mexico
  8. I have filed my H1B ext in premium mode and got an RFE. My current visa and I94 expires in Dec 2019 but I have I 140 approved. My question is in case if I don't get my H1B ext approved, can I stay in US until my current Visa expires (I.E Dec 2019). Also what will be the cooling period in my case and when can I re-apply my H1B ext again?
  9. krish55

Using Public Services on H1 for US Citizen child

Sorry for your situation. Your son's use State sponsored early intervention will not affect your GC. 1. You are not public charge, your son is 2. Your son is US born citizen. So the public charge does not apply anyway.
  10. JoeF

Marriage and U.S. Immigration

Chances are pretty much zero.
  11. JoeF

221g bankstatements

That would be fraud, and would get both him and the OP in lots of trouble. Why do people even think they can do this kind of stuff???
  12. JoeF

H1B transfer

No, you can not transfer that old H1. It is gone because it was withdrawn before it started and you never works d for the original H1 employer. The new company can file an H1 in next year's quota for a start date of Oct. 1, 2020.
  13. JoeF

H1B Extension denied, I-94 expired

No he can not. There is no grace period for him. Read the rules.
  14. Before I seek consultation, I want to check on filing I-485 Supplement J. I have an approved EAD and been renewing it since 2012. Now, I have accepted a new job (new employer) based on this EAD and started working for few days now. I should be able to file I-485 Supplement J after started working, right?
  15. Kambati

H1B transfer

Hello All, I have a approved H1B petition in June 2016, valid till Oct'19, since I lost my job in July 2016 I have to withdraw my H1B and went back to student status in Sep'16. In Nov 2016 I joined a Non Profit company and I hold a Cap Exempt H1B visa (stamping done) with them now valid till Feb'21. My question is 1) I have a job offer from a company which is not a Non-Profit, can I transfer my approved H1B in 2016? 2) What is the possibility of approval? 3) Is there anyone who went through this experience before? Thank you in advance.
  16. Yesterday
  17. Ahir

H1B Extension denied, I-94 expired

Even though his I-94 is expired. He can still file an Extension with "Change of Employment" within 60 days. He has to have really good lawyer for this, to prepare strong case.
  18. divi

221g bankstatements

Can your employer show a letter of absence?
  19. divi

221g bankstatements

Sometimes it's not in your hands. The employers do whatever they feel like. They are idiots..that's y.
  20. 02112018

ds160 h1b visa interview

You can fill number of DS-160's. It only matters what ever you show at the entrance of embassy while security is scanning for your interivew.
  21. Please share your expereince for H1B stamping if done in any European country or other than Mexico or Canada. Current visa expires in 3 weeks and deciding to take a vacation if possible and get H1B stamping done 3rd time. No plans to visit India this year.
  22. Please share visa dates available for Matamoros - if possible for Sept as well as Oct dates that are open
  23. Hi, My H1B extension denied on March 2019 after RFE, still I have 1.8 years left over for max out. I don't have PERM filed yet. 1. Please let me know the feasibility on Reinitiate my H1B in non Cap same company? My Employer policy to have 2 years left over on max out to reinitiate H1B in non cap?. 2. Can we change to different company and make use of left over H1B period? 3. When can I initiate PERM if 2 point is eligible? Appreciate help on this to make some decisions. Thanks
  24. Sri1610

Ds 160 form filing issue

I am having trouble adding more than 2 previous employers in my ds160. I have 3 previous employers but the add another employer option is getting greyed out after 2 employers. Kindly help me out
  25. Hi, I qualify for H1B dropbox in Chennai. Can you please advise what are the list of documents to be submitted for dropbox? Here are the list mentioned in other websites: Passport (Old & New) 797A (Current & Previous) Photographs (2) DS 160 Confirmation letter Dropbox Appt Confirmation Please advise if any more documents must be submitted like Pay stubs, tax forms..etc? Thanks
  26. 221gh8er

DUI H1b Stamped - Chennai

Congrats! Thanks for posting your experience.
  1. Load more activity