All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Yesterday
  3. Last week
  4. Rima Erere

Boarding Denial

I was about to take the evacuation flights by Air India and i am currently on Stem OPT expiring on 4th June and Ead expiring on 14th June 2020. The Airlines denied boarding stating that CBP in USA sent an email stating not to let me board the flight. what must be the reason behind that
  5. Is it okay to file an H1B extension with my current employer (has 6 months remaining) and after 1 or 2 weeks from the date case is filed, file an H1B transfer with another employer? What are some negative effects of doing this if there is any? Is it better to hold off on filing an extension with my current employer? Will the extension delay the H1B transfer process? Finally, let's say I applied both in 1 week apart. Is it possible that the extension is approved but the transfer is not? What happens if the transfer is approved before the extension? Will the extension be withdrawn?
  6. Hi , This is for my Mom who is 65 yrs old with prevailing conditions, Her B2 visa is expiring on 08-15-2020. Her current i94 was auto extended till june-18-20 which is the ending of 6 months of her visit as she had entered on Dec-19-19. Please suggest me how to proceed with her stay extension , if I file Form 539 will they allow her extend beyond b2 visa validity . In this pandaemic situation i am scared to have her travel for next 6-8 months or atleast until things get normal. Can i file her B2 visa renewal while she is here in US after applying for her stay extension form i539.
  7. The EO , if their is any will not include current H1B visa holders or the ones who have held H1B visas in the past. Only 2021 Cap H1b's outside USA might be in trouble. I have read that reports have been sent to USA administration that including temp guest workers in the ongoing immigration suspension will have no significant impact on the job crisis in the USA so we shouldnt be surprised to see if they don't include any suspension. Also very soon may be mid june or early july you will have consulates opening for visa appointments (as per top Indian government officials).
  8. np_

Visa stamping in India during Covid 19

My wife and I are also facing similar situation, currently the slots are opened for feb 2021. My gut feeling is now that most of the countries are opening up and domestic flights have started - very soon will have embassies and consulates opening by mid june and I have read a few articles where they might even consider having online appointments & reuse bio metrics as all us citizens who work in consulates have left India.
  9. Hello, I am on H1-B and I opened a single member LLC to do a (small amount) side consulting job without the knowledge that opening an LLC is not allowed for a H1-B visa holder. I recently came to know about this rule and am really worried if this is going to hurt my green card application. What can I do to fix this benign mistake? Thanks a lot in advance for any help.
  10. you will be illegal after grace period and still stay in US, unless you move to F1/B1/H4 some other visa to stay here in US.
  11. pontevecchio

GC parents stuck in India over 180 days

You have no idea what you are talking about. Please get your facts right if you want to help people. Any stay abroad by a person with a GC less than 6 months is not a problem. Any stay more than 6 months and less than one year gives rise to a rebuttable presumption of having given up the GC. Any stay more than one year results in the loss of the GC unless one has a reentry permit. This is regarding the post by newacct. Please do not mislead posters. Stop posting if you are going to spout erroneous facts.
  12. It is pretty much impossible to work 2 fulltime jobs on the H1 level. That's 80 hours/week. When do you eat, sleep, etc.??? This is not mindless burger flipping. And employment contracts usually prohibit working on the side without employer approval. You could get fired for cause by both employers.
  13. JoeF

Unpaid wages and leave applied

That is illegal. How long ago was that? A leave of absence forced by the employer is illegal. You have 1 year after the rule violation to report it on form WH4.
  14. inconsistency

B-2 Change of Status Due to COVID-19

Can one mention the need for extended time looking for employment opportunity beyond the 60 days grace period in the B-2 COS application after layoff? Is this a legitimate need? Or will USCIS deny such applications based on incompatibility with the intent of B-2 visa?
  15. Yup. Unless the person actually starts the job employment agreements don't matter. It has happened that people moved to a different state only to be told by the employer a day before the job was starting that the job is canceled. The prospective employer can do the same thing. Once the person has started working and signed the employment contract things are different. Although employment is still at will, meaning both employer and employee can terminate the relationship at any time.
  16. On F1 visa been working in the school IT department. End of March department and leadership has told us to support more hours to help COVID issues as school got closed and moved to online. We have asked that as international students we cannot work for more than 20hr but they have sent an email confirming that leadership has ok'd to do more than 20hr and report the hours to them. The schedule has also been given to work more hours. Now DSO writes to the IT department to terminate the employment from this Monday and today he comes back saying as per legal we are terminating your SEVIS as you worked more than 20hr which HR department has told us (after running payrolls for 6 weeks) and coming Tuesday your SEVIS will be terminated and if interested college will support for the reinstatement of F1. Any suggestions or help is highly appreciated.
  17. My Employer has initiated a PPP(Payroll Protection) where I had to sign. I received a letter from GA DOL that my employer has requested the PPP and I also received a Debit card in a separate mail. As an H1B holder, am I eligible to use the debit card or PPP program money as I'm concerned for getting into the Public charge issue which can jeopardize my green card receipt. Please advise. Thank you!
  18. Any update on this ? Did you file amendment how did your case processed further ?
  19. lucky013

EAD i765v - traveling outside USA

hi aashi, I need some suggestion from you. pls reply me. Thank you in advance.
  20. My application was sent on May-06, still waiting for receipt.
  21. lucky013

EAD i765v - traveling outside USA

Apply U visa also, one of my friend got Green card through that visa. You are eligible for U-visa.
  22. Hey IT-BOY Any update on your case? Thanks you
  23. 1. Can we initiate H1 to H4 COS for self through spouse while self H1B extension is in process? 2. How long does it take to get H4 extension and EAD for approved H1B petition nowadays? Please reply to all questions above. Thanks.
  24. My son's Advance Parole got expired in Sept 2019, so NOT sure if this qualifies for current situation/flight restrictions/legitimate situation. I was told this option will NOT apply for my case (AP for I-485/GC/EAD) ( 1.e. I am outside the United States, and I am applying for an Advance Parole Document) Do you think I can still apply with this option? And what about this? Writing letter to consulate (similarly like when Green Card applicant stays outside of US for more than 1 year) and see if they consider. Regards
  25. Presumably you came in F1 status and then changed status to H1. You should file a COS to B2 citing the pandemic and if you land a job in the meantime, leave and return with the H1 Visa. Staying beyond 60 days means you are out of status and not subject to bans.
  26. Garbh

H4EAD to H1B Urgent

Hi , I hope you are doing good. I have a question if you can please help me to understand. H4 EAD- valid till 2022 H1B is picked this year. (2020) if H1B gets approved with change of status, that means it will be activated by October 1 . After some days let’s say 20 days i.e 20 october i want to work on H4 EAD again. i know we can file COS from H1B to H4. it may take 2-3 months to get approved. My questions can i use my ead which was valid till 2022 initially or do i need to file new EAD because of recent COS from H1B to H4 After H1B, if i travel to home country and come back on H4 . What will happen to EAD? Basically, if i want to avoid COS timelines and travelling is quicker option. Can i use EAD was valid till 2022 initially or do i need to file for new EAD card? if H1B is approved under counsellor processing. Let’s say if i don’t get stamping and haven’t used it because i want to continue on h4 EAD itself.Can i use this approved H1B in future for cap exempt or with any employer. I will really appreciate your response. Is there a way that i can continue on H4 EAD and keep the approved H1B petition for future as cap exempt.
  27. mcc_student

Public Charge - IEP

Hello, I have a quick question whether a particular program comes under purview of public charge My 6 year child has speech delay and I have enrolled the child under IEP ( Individualized Education program) which is a separate program from regular school and wherein child receives special education on language, motar skills etc. This program is funded by federal govt ( not sure though) I want to know whether by enrolling child in this EEP program constitute public charge. Pls let me know
  28. Garbh

H4EAD to H1B

Hi , I hope you are doing good. I have a question if you can please help me to understand. H4 EAD- valid till 2022 H1B is picked this year. (2020) if H1B gets approved with change of status, that means it will be activated by October 1 . After some days let’s say 20 days i.e 20 october i want to work on H4 EAD again. i know we can file COS from H1B to H4. it may take 2-3 months to get approved. My questions can i use my ead which was valid till 2022 initially or do i need to file new EAD because of recent COS from H1B to H4 After H1B, if i travel to home country and come back on H4 . What will happen to EAD? Basically, if i want to avoid COS timelines and travelling is quicker option. Can i use EAD was valid till 2022 initially or do i need to file for new EAD card? if H1B is approved under counsellor processing. Let’s say if i don’t get stamping and haven’t used it because i want to continue on h4 EAD itself.Can i use this approved H1B in future for cap exempt or with any employer. I will really appreciate your response. Is there a way that i can continue on H4 EAD and keep the approved H1B petition for future as cap exempt.
  1. Load more activity