All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. pontevecchio

Consular Processing for Mother Green Card

Her chances of approval are very low for the tourist visa in view of past denials. She can always try. The GC is a separate matter.
  3. Birth place of my Dad was in Bangladesh (Year 1969). They moved to India in the year of 1979. Then they took Indian citizenship. I born in 1987. I think I can get priority date of Bangladesh, as part of Cross Chargeability law in Green Card. Can some one please confirm ?
  4. Yesterday
  5. vavajig

Job Title in DS-160

Hi , i am going for H1B stamping next month. can you please share your experience with H1B stamping with job title change. i am in the same boat now. i have my company changed my job tile but all roles and responsibilities ,work location are same. i really appreciate your help Thanks Ram
  6. can you please share your experience with H1B stamping with job title change. i am in the same boat now. i have my company changed my job tile but all roles and responsibilities ,work location are same. i really appreciate your help Thanks Ram
  7. gopalakrishnach

H1B Laid Off - Options

1 - Yes they apply H1B in premium processing 2 - No need to withdraw 3 - No H4 EAD will take its own pace. I may be wrong but H4 and H4 EAD results will be same time. Everytime when I apply for H4 and H4 EAD for my wife, I get them both approved at same time. This may not be case in all other 100% cases/ 4 - I cannot say...
  8. vavajig

Job title change during H1B extension

can you please share your experience with H1B stamping with job title change. i am in the same boat now. i have my company changed my job tile but all roles and responsibilities ,work location are same. i really appreciate your help Thanks Ram
  9. gopalakrishnach

H1b RFE

You can...
  10. My visa and I94 are already expired - I feel let it be in normal processing if you can stay in USA since with premium processing you may get negative result quickly. This is not to scare you just want to tell think about that also...
  11. vavajig

H1-B Visa Stamping - Job Title Change

Hi Rameshwar,all can you please share your experience with H1B stamping with job title change. i am in the same boat now. i have my company changed my job tile but all roles and responsibilities ,work location are same. i really appreciate your help Thanks Ram
  12. gopalakrishnach

Visa Stamping in Canada - DS160 Question

This is same issue which happened to me Vancouver Canada in June of 2016. I mailed Vancouver Consulate explaining my case and they said submit new DS 160 and send/email them DS 160 confirmation page which you get after DS 160 submission and they will update DS 160 number in my interview profile and they did it. It took around 7 business days. I guess you can also do same.
  13. I feel it is good. This is perfect example of people who use forum services and vanish. I saw many posts which says after dropbox/visa interview they just picked passport without visa stamp. No one ever said how they got notified to pickup passport. I guess in your case it is good news...
  14. I guess you didnot get denied after you appear for visa interview. H1B petition is not visa...
  15. KSN

H1B Amendment - Speciality Occupation RFE

HI, I am also in the same position. Can I know what is your status now?
  16. Hello, My visa interview is scheduled for next week in Canada. I am unable to retrieve the DS160 (not submitted and not filled) used to book my visa interview. Can I create a new DS160 and use it for my interview? Website instructs to cancel the appointment and reschedule it if I want to update my DS160 number there. Can I take my new DS160 to interview without updating my profile online? Thank you
  17. what about consular processing for physician in under served area NIW 1 -140 approved folks who finished 5 years of work in under served area ? but still waiting in the never ending Indian line for GC. Can such a physician move to India and apply to be self employed once priority date is current?
  18. Hello There, My initial I797 petition from company A has been revoked by USCIS with NOIR on 8-Apr-19. When I received the NOIR I found another employer B and filed a transfer petition, however employer B submitted the documents on 11-Apr-2019. On 12-Apr-2019 I received receipt number and the transfer petition has been approved on 15-Apr-2019, under consular processing with Start Date as 01-May-2019 to 30-Apr-2021. USCIS has gave the i94 numbers as my previous i94 number. My initial Petition was till 31-Aug-2019 before revocation, Visa Stamp on Passport is valid till 31-Aug-2019. Now I am confused and have few questions: 1. As there is a gap of 2-3 days between revocation of initial petition (employer A) and new transfer petition (employer B), am I out of status? 2. Do I need to book a visa appointment again based on employer B I797 documents and go for stamping? 3. Is it okay to cross the border and get the i94 updated? PS: My VISA on Passport is valid till 31-Aug-2019. I consulted an attorney and attorney confirmed that I can cross the border, update i94 and start working from 01-May-2019. Please advice.
  19. pontevecchio

Green Card holder with Reentry permit

"" More importantly, any trip of one year or more-even with a reentry permit-breaks the required continuity for citizenship. An applicant who returns from a trip that is one year or longer must wait at least four years and one day before applying for naturalization.""
  20. swapna gowaravajjala

Should I file a H1B Amendment?

Hello Everyone, I was hoping if someone could give a suggestion about my situation. I have been working with the same company from the past 5 years. I initially filed for an H1 amendment as I was moving to another city and work remotely. The application received an RFE and since my H1 was going to expire in August 2019, we decided to withdraw the application, file a H1 extension and then reapply for the amendment once the extension is approved. My H1 just got approved last week and is valid until August 2022. My lawyer recommends me not to file an amendment and suggests me to stay in the work location as the chances of denial are higher. In case a H1 amendment gets rejected, will there ever be a case where an approved H1B extension will also be rejected? Please advise. Thank you.
  21. premkalyan521

H1B Stamping in Calgary, Canada

Please do check your inbox message here on murthy forum
  22. premkalyan521

H1B Stamping in Calgary, Canada

very true
  23. shekar11#

Cbp I94 number not matching with i797A i94

The I-94 you received during August 2017 approval is valid one.
  24. 1. How do you think you can come back without having a valid US visa stamp. That option is only for folks who have an un-expired US visa. You need to ask your employer to extend your H-1 by which you can also get a new I-94 with that. That is your only option.
  25. You can just say YES. and mention the receipt number. No issues.
  26. Should be your home as you work 99% there.
  27. 1. Yes that is the best option. 2. No, they don't do that.
  1. Load more activity