All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. Here is my case. US citizen applied for my dad on May 31st 2022. I130 approved / I485 not approved he wants to go back before the greencard comes Question : can i move the greencard processing to Inida Question : if he abandons the greencard will he be able to get US visa from india
  3. Hi , I came to USA with company ABC in 2012 on H1B and then continued 10 years. Before coming to USA I worked for ABC in India as well. I left the company and was with XYZ for 1.5 years and I140 also not transferred to XYZ. Now I joined ABC again in managerial capacity. Should I be eligible for EB1C from company ABC??
  4. Hello, My employer filed h1 ,h4 and h4 EAD in regular process And expedited in premium later Will this be approved together as intial process was concurrent filing. I read about this edukani settlement and this case did say presumably be appoved and was not clear. Appreciate anybody insight on this. Thanks Venky
  5. Hello, My wife i94 is expiring on July 11 and currently H4 is in process in normal filing and H4 EAD in process Can My wife take my approved H1 to Mexico to extend her i94 on automatic visa revalidation. Please confirm if this is safe so she can continue her job in h4 EAD after july 11th. Thanks, Venkat
  6. Hi, I have sent all the H4 EAD documents to Phoenix, AZ. Today I have received Receipt from Texas Service Center. Spouse recent I797 starts with IOE. Check was deducted in Phoenix. I am not understanding why it came from Texas Regards
  7. Yesterday
  8. Hi, I (US citizen) am applying for a green card for my mother (Indian citizen) by concurrent filing (I130+I485), and I have 3 questions regarding the I-485 Public Charge under Section 8: 1. Question 61 asks whether the applicant (mother) is subject to public charge ground of inadmissability under INA section 212(a)(4). I believe I have to say "Yes" since my mother does not fall under any of the exemptions and the USCIS Policy Manual (Chapter 3 - Applicability | USCIS) says "generally apply to all applicants for adjustment of status unless they are specifically exempt from the public charge ground of inadmissability." IS THIS CORRECT OR should I say no? [[I plan on sending an explanation for this question to this effect and saying that my mother will not "“likely at any time to become primarily dependent on the government for subsistence, as demonstrated by either the receipt of public cash assistance for income maintenance or long-term institutionalization at government expense." But we are saying yes to public charge only because of the USCIS Policy Manual states that we should say yes.]] 2. Question 63 asks for household annual income and Question 64 asks for household assets. The annual income is 0, but we can show substantial annual assets based on land that my mother owns and bank deposits (FDs) that my mother has. We plan to get a chartered accountant in India to do an evaluation and certify the amount. The question is: Should we show the household assets or should be just say 0-18000 for this as well? The reason I am asking is whether it can be used against her, e.g., hospitals in case we have to take her for any medical emergency. We do plan to take insurance for her. 3. Question 66 asks for education level. My mother has B.A Economics. She passed this long ago in the 80s but did not bother to get her certificate. So should we still say Bachelors degree or should we only say 12th grade/high school diploma since that is the only last certificate that we have? Thank you so much if you could help me with these questions. ~ Nand
  9. My I-140 petition has been approved with my current employer and my priority date is 2022, but due to the significant backlog for applicants from India (my birth country), it may take approximately 10 years or more to progress to the stage where I can apply for a Green Card (Form I-485). Additionally, I am receiving survivor benefits for my son following the passing of my husband and I'm encountering various issues to get those benefits since I'm on a visa.. I'm wondering if there are any avenues to expedite the processing of my Green Card application based on these circumstances. Would it be possible to request the Social Security Administration (SSA) or any options to advocate for expediting my case with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) ? None of us, including myself, my son, and my late husband, are U.S. citizens. Thanks in advance.
  10. You should be able to transfer your H1b to another employer, who will process it in consular processing and you should be able to enter US with a new (unexpired) visa stamp on your passport. Good Luck.
  11. The visa stamp is irrelevant while in the US. In the US, the date on the I-94 matters.
  12. Hi, My spouse case selected in the lottery for H1B (April 2024). She needs to go to India for the vacation and planning for the H4 VISA stamping. Please check the travel plan below and confirm there will be any issue in this matter. 1. H1B Selected on April 2024 2. Traveling to India on end of May 2024 3. The H1B post documentation process will be on or before Jun 2024 by petitioner 4. H4 VISA stamping appointment is on July 2024 5. Traveling back to US on Aug 2024 6. She may or may not start her work with H1B by October 2024 **She is having a valid H4/I94 status until 2026. Thank you
  13. we have filed for GC EAD on October 2020 because dates moved to Jan 2015. And we received our GC EAD on Jan 14 2022. After that we received the Greencard on July 2021. But actually we received notice on JFeb 2022 saying that they issued greencard before our date came, and they asked for medical reports and we submitted, in online case is reopened and showing that dates are not yet ready to reissue. Now our situation is its been 3 years not went to india, my husband as to go india this month, not sure about while coming back at port of entry what status they will check. please let us know what we need to do in this situation. Our attorney is saying this is rare scenario and dont go to India but how long there should be atleast they need to send GC EAD which are on.
  14. Last week
  15. Does the naturalization certificate show your new last name? Was this a court ceremony with a judge? Name changes require a court session, with a judge presiding. If this was a court session and your new name is on the certificate you should have gotten a document about the name change.
  16. 25 yes, 26 and 27 no. In the Additional Information space, write something like "speeding tickets."
  17. H1B got denied due to Wage Level and also Status Denial (Code of Federal Regulations (8 CFR), part 248.1(a)), as we stay in Detroit and just travelled to Canada border on July 15th (came back on the same day) when the Change of Status (H4 to H1) is pending. Could somebody help me on my case, if we can file an Appeal to USCIS?
  18. contact them support-australia@usvisascheduling.com
  19. You are currently in India. Your current employer will be filing your H1b in consular processing, so you can get a US visa stamp and enter US. Your employer should have a job waiting for you, as he is filing your H1b. Good Luck.
  20. Check online if you are able to get stamping in Sydney, Australia. A colleague of mine was able to. Good Luck.
  21. Can I add my girlfriend as my spouse in I-140 and only if it approved, before consular processing, formally marry her?
  22. Hi , My h4 visa stamping has expired and i still have valid ead till 2026. my husband is h1b visa holder has has visa valid till 2026. Hes not giving me his i797 now. Can i apply for f1 visa now .will it get denied ?as i have valid ead ?
  23. Hi Everyone I'm currently in the USA but need to visit Sydney for a family visit. My last two stampings were in India. Can I get stamped in Sydney, Australia? Quick response would be highly appreciated. Thanks
  24. So how should I answer 25, 26, 27 if I have a speeding ticket?
  25. Hey guys, Trying to prepare for the worst, can I stay in usa on h1b if I get convicted for misdemeanor assault and battery on a family & household member? I might have to go to trial on this, I haven't made any statements to the police, no injuries, no 911 call except the victim might exaggerate when testifies at Trial. We have a custody battle going on and charge is Assault and battery on family member 265.13 M and Reckless endagerment of child 265.13L( in MASS) I am really worried about getting deported and not being able to see my son forever. Victim wants me out of the child's life and she might cooperate with the DA's office and completely exaggerate her version of events. My question is it possible to stay in USA on h1b and naturalize later with a DV conviction and do I get automatically deported once I get conviction after jury trial?
  26. I have moved to the US and worked for 15 days, received my first paystub, and then submitted my resignation via email after discussing with my H1B employer to move to a new employer. However, I haven't received my relieving letter, and my employer is not responding. Is there anything I can do legally to obtain the relieving letter from my employer? I have evidence of paystubs and offer letters.
  27. Hi team, I am having confusion on how to fill this question on DS-160 form. The questions is "Have you ever been in the US?". And this is my timeline of being in US: 08/08/2008 - arrived in US on F1 student visa 10/2013- Transferred to H1B ( did not leave the country) 08/15/2017 - Went to Vancouver, Canada for H1B visa stamping 08/19/2017 - Came back to US after H1B visa stamping I did not go anywhere outside US after coming back on 08/19/2017. I have been here during this all the time on H1B Visa extension. The question is whether I should fill the dates to reflect the above or should I enter H1B extension dates for all the extensions that I got approved for? Any pointers or help would be very much appreciated. Thanks
  1. Load more activity