All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Today
  2. Yesterday
  3. Hi, My wife worked for client A in Chicago through her MNC company from Sep 2015 till June 2017 and her H1b visa /I-94 expired in June 2017. Her employer MNC company applied for H1b visa extension before she left client A in July 2017. she joined client B thru the MNC company in California in August 2017 after initiating amendment with receipt number. In September 2017, she received RFE for the h1b visa extension asking for additional evidences SOW, client letter, latest pay slips, performance reviews etc.. she was able to provide all the documents except client letter from client A as client has stopped giving client letters. Also her company immigration team says there is one more RFE for the H1b amendment for client B. How likely her h1b visa extension will be approved? your input will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
  4. I've applied on May 10, 2017. Still no updates on my case. Recently I've submitted the case inquiry as it has passed 180 days based on my colleague suggestion. I got the response saying that I cannot submit the inquiry as it is within the case processing time.
  5. Thanks for giving me hope. Once I receive the declined notice, How can I maintain the status (I have valid I-94 valid till 2019 as per my extended I797)? My employer B is started working on filing new petition for the same position and same client. But he is planned to submit the new petition after 10 business days of seeing the declined status in USCIS portal as he is filing new LCA. Also, he is planning to file in Premium processing. Let's consider the below situation. Received the declined notice on 10/18 and employer filed a new petition on 10/25. Can I stay in US for that one week from 10/18-10/25 if I have valid I-94 till 2019? And Can I start working after receiving the H1 filing receipt?
  6. I have asked for below questions. 1. End Client Letter 2. Contract between all the Vendors from Employer to End Client. 3. How your qualification sufficient for this job 4. Organization Chart 5. My status from 2014 When i enter into US
  7. What is your Priority date?
  8. Since the I-140 was withdrawn, the I-485 is gone. Employer Y has to start the process from scratch.
  9. Hi @remremfnov, Please update when you pick up your passport from VAC. I am in same boat and I submitted my medical report & passport to VAC in DELHI on Oct 26th, so far case is still showing admin processing. It has been 3 weeks since then. I am stressed and scared. Why is it taking this long?
  10. You need a new visa. Also, make sure that the university is reputed.
  11. There are no issues with a new petition, as long as the employer is legit. Avoid shady consulting companies.
  12. There is pretty much none. Family category 2A, spouse of a Permanent Resident, has a backlog of 2 years. Once he becomes a US citizen, there is no quota for spouses.
  13. I got laid off and my sixty day period starting from 1st october ends on 29th november. What are my options ? I have a completed sevis record and valid 1 20 from a new college but school is recommending I dont try and enter How can I change to B1 ? Or should I go back to my home country and wait for my transfer petition to be approved ?
  14. My H1B was revoked after 1st October too and I have been told by over six attorneys that I am cap exempt. with regards to your new employer - are they a big firm ? I have a very small firm and I am worried that the transfer may not get approved.
  15. I got laid off in september and chnaged to H1B on october 1st. I have been unemployed since then but recently found a small 10 people firm willing to file a transfer of H1B visa. They will file LCA next week - should I go back to India after 60 day period or attempt to move to F1/B1 ? - will it be a problem transferring the visa with such a small firm ? Thanks for your time.
  16. Unfortunately no stats like that are available.
  17. @jam26 @vj123 could you share details if you folks were fte/ evc etc? Also background is if you folks were engineers / scientists/ developers etc ? Thank you in advance
  18. On H1, you can only be a passive investor. You can not "provide guidelines." You don't hire somebody to "list and buy products." You can only hire somebody to run the business. That includes all aspects of the business, including opening a bank account, filing company taxes, etc. And you can not "take a percentage of your profits". First, they wouldn't be your profits, they would be the company profits. And second, the company CEO decides what to do with profits.
  19. Can some one pls respond.
  20. Good morning ,i am facing the same problem right now, i am filling out a family member forms and now i can't get through again because its giving me the same error message , the surname and year of birth does not match ....i tried to use the link you suggested , its not coming up ...i tried the option of updating confirmation ID from the visa slot website ,i can only update just one of all of the forms , which is the one i used in booking the rest of the appointments , please help , the interview is in a week from now ...thank you.
  21. I need help, currently i am on H1b visa and i am inviting my brother in law and my sister (B1/B2) visitor visa for 2 months summer vacation. My brother in is a government employee. Question 1: While i am completing his DS-160 form, in TRAVEL INFORMATION section -"Person/Entity Paying for Your Trip" - which one i need to select among these three " self " or " other person" or " Other company / organization" ? Because he is a government employee? person paying for the trip " Self " or " other person"? Question 2: When i am providing a INVITATION LETTER should i mention all expenses, including US visiting flight charges from INDIA to USA, to and fro charges...so and so...will be incurred by own.. Please advise me the letter of invitation for the government employee .. provide me a draft letter. Thanks Shiva
  22. Sent link that provides whole process to your inbox
  23. What is the legal way of selling products online: EBay / Amazon etc. if you are on H1B Visa? Can I form a LLC and hire someone to list and buy products? My intent is to be an investor and be on board of directors panel to provide guidelines on how and from where to buy the products. Say if all the above is true: Then am I allowed to take certain percentage of my annual profit and pay to myself as dividends? - If yes: Then how? Or do I just need to reinvest my profits back in my company?
  24. 1. As long as employer A's H1-B is not revoked, you can work for them. 2. You need to start working for employer B within 60 days after approved I-797. If you are concerned that employer A would revoke your I-140 as 180 days have not elapsed, leave on good terms citing family emergency.
  25. You are eligible for drop-box. VFS has removed "employer change" clause ~2-3 years ago.
  26. H1b

Im not worried, my only question is will joining college nust to maintain status(until i get h1) and dropping out from college even before starting will this be a issue
  27. 1. An employee can be on unpaid leave and it is called "Leave of Absence". You have to submit this request to HR in order to avoid discrepancies if USCIS makes an onsite audit. There no fixed duration. 2. Yes, your H1-B status remains active. 3. October 30th if that's what your pay stub and termination letter mentions. 4. Yes.
  1. Load more activity