All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. Hi , I came to USA with company ABC in 2012 on H1B and then continued 10 years. Before coming to USA I worked for ABC in India as well. I left the company and was with XYZ for 1.5 years and I140 also not transferred to XYZ. Now I joined ABC again in managerial capacity. Should I be eligible for EB1C from company ABC??
  3. Hello, My employer filed h1 ,h4 and h4 EAD in regular process And expedited in premium later Will this be approved together as intial process was concurrent filing. I read about this edukani settlement and this case did say presumably be appoved and was not clear. Appreciate anybody insight on this. Thanks Venky
  4. Hello, My wife i94 is expiring on July 11 and currently H4 is in process in normal filing and H4 EAD in process Can My wife take my approved H1 to Mexico to extend her i94 on automatic visa revalidation. Please confirm if this is safe so she can continue her job in h4 EAD after july 11th. Thanks, Venkat
  5. Hi, I have sent all the H4 EAD documents to Phoenix, AZ. Today I have received Receipt from Texas Service Center. Spouse recent I797 starts with IOE. Check was deducted in Phoenix. I am not understanding why it came from Texas Regards
  6. Yesterday
  7. My I-140 petition has been approved with my current employer and my priority date is 2022, but due to the significant backlog for applicants from India (my birth country), it may take approximately 10 years or more to progress to the stage where I can apply for a Green Card (Form I-485). Additionally, I am receiving survivor benefits for my son following the passing of my husband and I'm encountering various issues to get those benefits since I'm on a visa.. I'm wondering if there are any avenues to expedite the processing of my Green Card application based on these circumstances. Would it be possible to request the Social Security Administration (SSA) or any options to advocate for expediting my case with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) ? None of us, including myself, my son, and my late husband, are U.S. citizens. Thanks in advance.
  8. You should be able to transfer your H1b to another employer, who will process it in consular processing and you should be able to enter US with a new (unexpired) visa stamp on your passport. Good Luck.
  9. The visa stamp is irrelevant while in the US. In the US, the date on the I-94 matters.
  10. Hi, My spouse case selected in the lottery for H1B (April 2024). She needs to go to India for the vacation and planning for the H4 VISA stamping. Please check the travel plan below and confirm there will be any issue in this matter. 1. H1B Selected on April 2024 2. Traveling to India on end of May 2024 3. The H1B post documentation process will be on or before Jun 2024 by petitioner 4. H4 VISA stamping appointment is on July 2024 5. Traveling back to US on Aug 2024 6. She may or may not start her work with H1B by October 2024 **She is having a valid H4/I94 status until 2026. Thank you
  11. Last week
  12. H1B got denied due to Wage Level and also Status Denial (Code of Federal Regulations (8 CFR), part 248.1(a)), as we stay in Detroit and just travelled to Canada border on July 15th (came back on the same day) when the Change of Status (H4 to H1) is pending. Could somebody help me on my case, if we can file an Appeal to USCIS?
  13. You are currently in India. Your current employer will be filing your H1b in consular processing, so you can get a US visa stamp and enter US. Your employer should have a job waiting for you, as he is filing your H1b. Good Luck.
  14. Check online if you are able to get stamping in Sydney, Australia. A colleague of mine was able to. Good Luck.
  15. Can I add my girlfriend as my spouse in I-140 and only if it approved, before consular processing, formally marry her?
  16. Hi , My h4 visa stamping has expired and i still have valid ead till 2026. my husband is h1b visa holder has has visa valid till 2026. Hes not giving me his i797 now. Can i apply for f1 visa now .will it get denied ?as i have valid ead ?
  17. Hi Everyone I'm currently in the USA but need to visit Sydney for a family visit. My last two stampings were in India. Can I get stamped in Sydney, Australia? Quick response would be highly appreciated. Thanks
  18. So how should I answer 25, 26, 27 if I have a speeding ticket?
  19. Hey guys, Trying to prepare for the worst, can I stay in usa on h1b if I get convicted for misdemeanor assault and battery on a family & household member? I might have to go to trial on this, I haven't made any statements to the police, no injuries, no 911 call except the victim might exaggerate when testifies at Trial. We have a custody battle going on and charge is Assault and battery on family member 265.13 M and Reckless endagerment of child 265.13L( in MASS) I am really worried about getting deported and not being able to see my son forever. Victim wants me out of the child's life and she might cooperate with the DA's office and completely exaggerate her version of events. My question is it possible to stay in USA on h1b and naturalize later with a DV conviction and do I get automatically deported once I get conviction after jury trial?
  20. I have moved to the US and worked for 15 days, received my first paystub, and then submitted my resignation via email after discussing with my H1B employer to move to a new employer. However, I haven't received my relieving letter, and my employer is not responding. Is there anything I can do legally to obtain the relieving letter from my employer? I have evidence of paystubs and offer letters.
  21. My wife went for dropbox appointment and submitted all the relevant documents and passport. After receiving the passport we noticed date of birth was worng on h4 visa. How can we get it corrected and please let us know the procedure to follow in this situation ?
  22. Hi. I'm writing to know if I can work as a volunteer for an NGO in India, while I am on H4 visa in USA. I am not getting paid for any such volunteering and its purely based on my interests.
  23. The Exchange programme was sponsored by the Government of /Agencies of the Government of ------ and financed by the Government of / Agencies of the Government of------. I am a J-1 exchange visitor (Research Scholar) from India and my program sponsor is Kansas State University. I am not directly financed by any government, how do I answer this question?
  24. I had an approved H1B petition with stamped visa which expired just 6 months back. But unfortunately I couldn’t utilise it to travel to US for jobs within the validity period. So, below are my concerns: 1. Will I be considered as a H1B cap exempt in this case? 2. Can I approach another employer to transfer my petition without going through the H1B lottery process again? 3. Is there any specific time period until which I can keep approaching the new employers who can take care of transfer?
  1. Load more activity