On what Visa can I bring in my cousin(same family name) to USA.

I've a greencard and I am planning to open up a shop soon. Just wondering if I can sponsor my first cousin (same family name) on a  Visa. Not quite sure which visa that would be and it would be really helpful if someone can please suggest on this.

I don't think you can sponsor without getting your citizenship and FB GC takes more than a decade.

Thanks all for your suggestions posted above.Can I sponsor him via H1B?  He also has a shop back in India so may be it will be helpful to get through the visa. 

For an H1, the job has to require a college degree, and the beneficiary has to have at least the degree required.

Having a "shop" or working in a "shop" (you haven't explained what kind of shop) does not qualify somebody for an H1.

I am thinking of an convenience store or a liquor store. My cousin and I have bachelors of engineering degree in computer science. I understand that it is not relevant to the work that I am talking about but I'm just checking out my options here.

Let's say if he plans to invest 100k in opening up a store.Can he come under investor visa or E2 non-immigrant Business visa.

Thanks again for all questions and suggestions!

I am thinking of an convenience store or a liquor store. My cousin and I have bachelors of engineering degree in computer science. I understand that it is not relevant to the work that I am talking about but I'm just checking out my options here.

Let's say if he plans to invest 100k in opening up a store.Can he come under investor visa or E2 non-immigrant Business visa.

Thanks again for all questions and suggestions!

Nope.

Investor visa would require an investment of $1M and hiring 10 Americans.

E2 is only for people from certain countries: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/treaty.html

India is not among them.

Archived