221g white slip @hyderabad

jyothi888

Hello everyone,

i went for visa stamping on May 9th 2016

the VO asked me  basic questions about petitioner,client and other.

She asked me for an end client letter which I didn't have.

Late she gave me a 221g and asked to mail all the docs to consulate.

But,before that she showed me the US rights pamphlet and asked whether I read that.

What does this indicate?

Should I attend the interview again?

Regards,

Jyothi.

Hi jyothi ,

Firstly my answer for ur case is , u may get email asking to provide client letter and other documents . 221g is administrative processing , which can take any where from 2 weeks to 2 months .

So it would be better for u to gather the documents ( client letter ) upfront . So that u can send the consulate as soon as u hear from them

Inorder to provide u the correct guidance and answers . We need to know more details about ur case .

1. Why did u go to visa interview with out end client letter.

2. If u are working at a client location and client has not provided u the client letter . Why didn't u take copy of email from ur client location, stating client is not willing to provide client letter.

3.Have u you ever been to us or is this ur first time to us .

4 . Did u do masters in us .

Hi jyothi ,

Firstly my answer for ur case is , u may get email asking to provide client letter and other documents . 221g is administrative processing , which can take any where from 2 weeks to 2 months .

So it would be better for u to gather the documents ( client letter ) upfront . So that u can send the consulate as soon as u hear from them

Inorder to provide u the correct guidance and answers . We need to know more details about ur case .

2. If u are working at a client location and client has not provided u the client letter . Why didn't u take copy of email from ur client location, stating client is not willing to provide client letter.

Hi Prem Kalyan,

Thanks for your response.

VO asked me to mail all the docs to a mail ID and I got a call from consulate guys as well stating the same

In my case I have a petitioner,client and end client.I carried offer letter,agreement letter bw petitioner n client and client letter,but no end client letter.I asked the same to my petitioner he said client letter will do.

No I have not done my masters,Im 6years experienced.

Hello Experts, I Would really appreciate it if you could please provide any information about my VISA Stamping 221G concerns.

My previous H1 petition was denied and I left USA and I have been in US for past almost 7 years, and did my Masters in a good college. I got an offer and employer filed H1 which was approved under Consulate processing for 3 years. I went for VISA interview and VO asked questions about my employer, company size and about my masters degree and returned passport along with White 221G form requesting additional documents. 

1. I-797, I-129 plus attachments, Master Service Agreements, LCA and USCIS letter, I had those documents with me but VO refused to look at them at counter and requested to email them. 

Do you know what USCIS letter is?  

I could really use your help. Thank you.

Hi jyothi ,

Hi Prem kalyan,

Vo gave me a mail ID and asked me mail all the documents to that ID.later I got a call from the consulate stating the same.

1. Why did u go to visa interview with out end client letter :   i had a client letter and my petitioner told me that its fine as we have the main client letter

2. If u are working at a client location and client has not provided u the client letter . Why didn't u take copy of email from ur client location, stating client is not willing to provide client letter :   My Client gave a client letter and end client didn't provide any.

3.Have u you ever been to us or is this ur first time to us .... No,its my first time

4 . Did u do masters in us .No....i'm 6years experienced. 

Hi Jyothi,

Are you working in EVC model?  when u say "client" you mean prime vendor?  if yes, is the prime vendor implementing the project for end client? are you working at prime vendor office or end client office ?  

Hello Jyothi, Could you please let me know when did Consulate give you a call? Was it Indian local number? What did they ask for? How many days after the interview did you provide the documents? Did you receive any email prior you sent them?

As I am in a similar situation, I'm just getting to know the different steps involved in this Admin processing. Any information provided is appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi Prem kalyan,

Vo gave me a mail ID and asked me mail all the documents to that ID.later I got a call from the consulate stating the same.

1. Why did u go to visa interview with out end client letter :   i had a client letter and my petitioner told me that its fine as we have the main client letter

2. If u are working at a client location and client has not provided u the client letter . Why didn't u take copy of email from ur client location, stating client is not willing to provide client letter :   My Client gave a client letter and end client didn't provide any.

3.Have u you ever been to us or is this ur first time to us .... No,its my first time

4 . Did u do masters in us .No....i'm 6years experienced. 

As Tom9 Said. You are supposed to do some research before u attend the interview.

Firstly this is how things work in US if you are working for a IT Consulting Service company.

Employer -works with Vendor works with Client

Employer( Your Employer Company)

Vendor ( Ex: Teksystems, Kforce, Apex, Wipro, TCS, CTS,etc).

Client ( Bank of america, Wellsfargo, Fiedelity Investment Etc)

So you have vendor letter but you dont have end client letter. 

Hello Experts,

I have a quick concern about sending documents to Consulate after I received 221(g) form asking for all H1 related documents. I have PDF files that are huge in size and wouldn’t attach to the email and if I use Gmail, the attachments are saved to Google drive and recipient also needs to have a Gmail account, but consulate email doesn’t. Even if I compress the file and send, it wouldn’t go, as the size of the file is around 65-70MB. Could you please advice for an efficient way? Will splitting the documents help? Even this I guess cannot be sent in one email and may need to be sent in multiple emails. 

Hello Jyothi, Could you please let me know when did Consulate give you a call? Was it Indian local number? What did they ask for? How many days after the interview did you provide the documents? Did you receive any email prior you sent them?

As I am in a similar situation, I'm just getting to know the different steps involved in this Admin processing. Any information provided is appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi Bob,

I got a call immediately once I stepped out of the consulate.

Yes ,it was from Hyderabad only.

They asked me to mail all the documents marked in the 221g(white) form.

I'm yet to provide the documents.I didn't receive any further mail after dat.

Regards,

Jyothi.

As Tom9 Said. You are supposed to do some research before u attend the interview.

Firstly this is how things work in US if you are working for a IT Consulting Service company.

Employer -works with Vendor works with Client

Employer( Your Employer Company)

Vendor ( Ex: Teksystems, Kforce, Apex, Wipro, TCS, CTS,etc).

Client ( Bank of america, Wellsfargo, Fiedelity Investment Etc)

So you have vendor letter but you dont have end client letter

Thank You PremKalyan.

Any idea how long it may take once I submit the docs?

Are there any chances of rejection if we give the client letter.

Thank you Jyothi for the information provided. I am also awaiting for few of the documents from my Employer and hopefully will submit within this week. Do you know if there is any deadline to submit the documents? Consular officer hasn't mentioned any timeline to me at the time of interview. 

Hi Jyothi - What are all the documents Visa Officer asked you to submit along End client letter?

No timeline ....With in a year we shud submit the docs is what Im aware of.

Everything...What all docs we have submitted to the USCIS all those docs should be submitted here 

I797B i129 all client vendor petitione documents...EVERYTHING

• 2 weeks later...

As per my knowledge , your case is going to be revoked . It's Better if you can start looking for other alternatives

Thank you Jyothi for the information. Have you submitted the documents yet? Is there any update on your case on CEAC status check website? Any information provided is appreciated.

Thank you.

• 2 months later...

My 221g white experience

I came to us for masters and then had two successful h1b stamps. Had approved 140 as well. Eighth year of h1b.

All prior visa stamps are from chennai.

This time the visa apt website indicated I am eligible for Dropbox so I chose hyd since i was planning to visit.

Dropped the documents at vfs on day one after landing. Few days later I got an email asking to come for visa interview.

General questions and then the white 221g. Nothing was required. Came to know from employer that if there is any info from your profile ( dob, first name, place of birth, work city, undergrad school, grad school, employer, etc) which would match to someone in their watch list it is called a hit. I read a recent 221g experience of a dude with my same exact first name. Not sure if that gave me away.

Once there is such a hit, the consulate will initiate admin processing which requires all the govt agencies to clear your name before visa is issued. Some agencies take more time to send the report back to consulate. Thus the 60 day wait time.

My interview date was June 13. Got passport and docs back on same day. On August 12 I got an email to submit passport. Got it stamped with visa and collected it on 19. Flew back on 20th. Resuming my life .

I wish those with 221g white good luck and hope they get the visa soon.

My 221g white experience

I came to us for masters and then had two successful h1b stamps. Had approved 140 as well. Eighth year of h1b.

All prior visa stamps are from chennai.

This time the visa apt website indicated I am eligible for Dropbox so I chose hyd since i was planning to visit.

Dropped the documents at vfs on day one after landing. Few days later I got an email asking to come for visa interview.

General questions and then the white 221g. Nothing was required. Came to know from employer that if there is any info from your profile ( dob, first name, place of birth, work city, undergrad school, grad school, employer, etc) which would match to someone in their watch list it is called a hit. I read a recent 221g experience of a dude with my same exact first name. Not sure if that gave me away.

Once there is such a hit, the consulate will initiate admin processing which requires all the govt agencies to clear your name before visa is issued. Some agencies take more time to send the report back to consulate. Thus the 60 day wait time.

My interview date was June 13. Got passport and docs back on same day. On August 12 I got an email to submit passport. Got it stamped with visa and collected it on 19. Flew back on 20th. Resuming my life .

I wish those with 221g white good luck and hope they get the visa soon.

you work in EVC model?

Hello All , 

Here is my case with dates.

In US for last 15 months , came to visit family (India) for 3 weeks.Working in EVC model

Eligible for DROP-BOX and I did submitted my I797 ( With Previous employer , Current Employer , Amendment ) LCA , 
Amendment with PUNE STANLEY office. 

29th AUG :- Documents Submitted 

CEAC status :- Administrative processing & PP tracking status was "Reached Consulate"

31st -AUG 

CEAC status :- Administrative processing & PP tracking status was "PICK-UP"

When Went to collect the passport , got to know I have 221G white slip , asking to appear for an interview.

Tick On :-> "You must Appear for an interview with a consular officer on any working day from 10:30 Am to 11:00 AM 
Please bring this letter and your passport with you. DO NOT make a new appointment" 

Going for Interview on 6th of Spet

I have already have return tickets for 16th SPT . Not sure If I can make that . 

Questions/Any suggestions :-

Any one have /Had same scenario where person get White slip 221G .

Any usual time-frame to get the passport stamp , different forum says different time line. 

Any one sailing on same boat ? Please share your experience if have any with anyone. 

Thanks in advance !

• 10 months later...

Hello Folks,

I am sailing in same boat and wanted to share my experience here. Also, would appreciate if someone confirm what will be the verdict of this kind of situations.

Had same experience. Did my Drop-box on 2nd May but passport returned in same week with a letter asking to appear for Personal Interview and Finger-printing. Went for Interview on 12th May and they asked regress questions, then gave me White slip to have me submit Client Letter and other documents. Did that as well on 22nd May and till now no status update except Administrative Processing and Document Delivery Information

Researched on google and found out from friends and colleagues as well, this is happening with every single H1-B holder who left the US port and came to India for stamping or renewal. It appears that this is due to Donald Trump's remarks over H1-B Visa holders. People in US Embassy just hold the flag up to Administrative Processing so that they can do intense scrutiny.

This is really time taking process and would definitely frustrate the person who stuck into it. But no one can do anything except waiting patiently. 

Good part is that, most people get successful through this process after certain waiting time.

I can share this now based on my experience and studying different cases on various forums plus cases with people within my circle.

Archived