Entry to USA after consular processing

Lulu316

Hello,

My case is a follow-to-join of my husband's case with a priority date of Nov 2008. With pre-processing completed, I am scheduled to attend my visa interview for my green card on 31 May 2016 in India. We were recently informed that not only does the visa need to be issued while the date is current, but I also need to enter the US while the date is current. Can anyone confirm if this is indeed true? I cannot find this information on the travel.state.gov website, which only states that entry must be within 6 months of visa issuance. As you know, the June bulletin shows retrogression to 2004 for EB2 India, which means my date would no longer be current. Would this impact my entry into the USA?

Thank you very much in advance for any information anyone is able to provide in this regard.

Thank you very much, JoeF. Could I please ask you another clarification? I've been told that since my visa interview is on 31 May 2016, and the dates retrogress from 01 June 2016, this might impact the issuance of my visa itself, and that it may not be issued at all, despite completing the interview on 31 May while the date is still current. Would you be able to shed any light on this? Thank you, again.

• 5 weeks later...

We fall under the F4 category and consular processing(as we stay in India).Our priority date is 21st April and our case for completed on 18th April. We have received a mail from NVC saying, we are waiting for the case to get scheduled for an interview on April 25th. Wanted to check if my case will get retrograded as per the June bulletin.

As per my understanding, the processing has only effected for the adjustment of status category and not consular processing. What's the table that I need to refer to check the the cut off date for my priority date.

Another question I have is regarding the scheduling of my interview. Its been more than 45 days that my case got completed and I haven't got any details regarding it. So can you please let me know how many more days it usually takes for an interview to get scheduled.

Archived