AP $575 - new fees

The USCIS published in the federal register its "proposed" new filing fees for various petitions and applications with a comment period of 60 days. For the reasons, the new fees will not take effect at least next 60 days or a longer period of time. 

I-131 $575 (Advance Parole) 

I-765: $410 (EAD) 

EAD fees increase seems reasonable but AP fees increase is $215! 

Also, Note that the following para seems to suggest EAD/AP renewal fees for all pending I-485 applications. 

https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2016/05... 

Currently no fees were applicable for EAD/AP renewals if I-485 was applied after 2008. If the proposed fees are applied, that is a significant hit. 

If others agree on the reading, you should make a comment against the proposed fee changes.

Send email as below with same To & Subject: 

To: "uscisfrcomment@dhs.gov" 
Subject: DHS Docket No. USCIS–2016–0001 

Dear Sir/Madam, 

The proposed new fees for Form I–131 is $575. 

The proposed fee increase of $215 is a significant increase. 

I am in EB-3 category from India with a priority date 1/5/2006 . 
As you are aware this category is severely back-logged and my priority date is not expected to become current for next 5+ years. 

Each year my wife & I visit our parents in India and use I-131. 
Such a significant increase in filing fees adds a huge financial burden on me and my family. 

I would like to request USCIS to either reduce the proposed filing fees or grant I-131 for multiple years for those who are from India & stuck in the EB-3 backlog due to non-availability of immigrant visa numbers. 

regards, 
xxxxxx

Archived