I-20 and admission Terminated

rajfouru

Hi All,

Am posting this for my friend..

My friend came here on F1 visa ( 15 days ago), after orientation he asked the university to transfer to different university but they cancel his admission and revoked his I-20. He is still trying to find the reason for cancel...

Q:

1. Is he out of status, if yes grace period to leave the country ?

2. Can he join another university ( with new I-20), if yes he need to leave the county ?

any help really useful in this situation..

Both universities are not fake..

Actually he got F1 on current university ( he was waiting until last minute for another university I-20) after he came to USA he received the another university i-20. he just asked about the transfer nothing else.   

what options he have ???

Today My friend received the email from university about SEVIS Termination.  in email they mention "not successfully maintained your F-1 Student status" but he enrolled and pay the fee.

what about his status, he has to leave immediately or any grace period ?

There is no grace period.

And this "waiting for another I-20" until the last minute is, quite frankly, BS.

Nobody does that kind of stuff. Once he commits to one university, he has committed to it. The only exception I can see is if he got admission to a top school like Stanford, MIT, or similar. But then he wouldn't have problems...

Archived