Visa revocation out of DUI?

mrav85

Hi,

I just got to know from my friend, that people with an DUI arrest record are being issued visa revocations.

I had one last year in Jan, went to India for Marriage, went for stamping and came back to US in October after the physician panel examination. I completed my probation successfully.

I am applying for my H1B extension with my approved I140 through my employer. Will there be an issue in applying the H1B extension?

Please advise. Thanks.

@rahul412 - you are saying even after going through the physician panel examination at chennai last october, clearing the tests and visa being issued, I will be getting this notice? 

If that is the case, will the consulate ask me to take the panel examination once again before they issue the visa or getting the visa would be an issue? 

Please advise.

@rahul412 - you are saying even after going through the physician panel examination at chennai last october, clearing the tests and visa being issued, I will be getting this notice? 

If that is the case, will the consulate ask me to take the panel examination once again before they issue the visa or getting the visa would be an issue? 

Please advise.

Contact an attorney, that's all I can say.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@Mani_Ravi

Hi,

I had a DUI last year September. My Case was still in pending when I went to India this August. I went through the Panel Physician and got my Visa Stamping and I am back in USA. Now I am found guilty and I am on Probation for 1 year.

My marriage is In March and I have to go to India and my wife should go for H4 visa stamping. Will my DUI case effect her Visa Stamping in any way?

Thanks in Advance.

2 hours ago, pagladeewana said:

If you have been through the medical test she wont be impacted . But please carry all the documents with you it might be needed .

How long did it take to get your visa stamped?

It took me 4 weeks to get my Visa stamped from the day of my Visa Interview.

As far as H4 Visa for my wife, I wont be attending the Interview right. Does she need to carry the Court documents related to my DUI case for her Interview?

Krishna,

No you dont need to be present since you already have a valid visa. 99.9% they wont ask for docs but no harm is carrying them .

Also brief her about the incident they might ask her to explain what happened when you got dui, yours and her story should match .

Dont worry she will 100% get the visa since you have already got it . Dont waste money on lawyer for this.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2017 at 11:15 AM, dui_due said:

Mani_Ravi,

Could you please share the details of your H1 extension? What happend with your extension? Was your VISA revoked again? What is your latest status.

Hi, I got my extension through my last employer last Jun and I joined at client side full time this Jan. During the H1 transfer from my previous employer to my client employer, the transfer went on fine. No issues and Visa was not revoked when I checked the CEAC website. 

Archived