I-140 approved and moving to Canada

venkat888

Hi Guys,

My I-140 approved with PD June 2015. In EB2 category, I am looking at least 7+ years for GC in current situations. I want to know

If I move to Canada right now with PR and live for years until I get my Canada citizenship (mostly 4 years), will my priority date is still valid ?. I am confident that I can find an employer at that time in future for my re-entry to US. 

Your suggestions are much appreciated !! 

Hi Guys,

My I-140 approved with PD June 2015. In EB2 category, I am looking at least 7+ years for GC in current situations. I want to know

If I move to Canada right now with PR and live for years until I get my Canada citizenship (mostly 4 years), will my priority date is still valid ?. I am confident that I can find an employer at that time in future for my re-entry to US. 

Your suggestions are much appreciated !! 

Yes you can, but I don't think your PD will current within 7 yrs. I would say more than 10 yrs in your case if the rules doesn't change.

@confused_hustler: I did my exam on April 30th and waiting for results. As per my knowledge I did good job and hopefully will crack it.

@rahul412: 10 years...hmm. You raised the bar more so that I will expedite my Canada immigration :-)

Thanks for your replies.

• 3 months later...

Archived