Travel to India while waiting for H1b lottery results

Hi,

My employer has applied for my H1B this year under regular processing and I am currently waiting for my H1B lottery results. I have a masters degree and my OPT expires in February 2017. 

I have an urgent need to travel to India immediately. I would like to understand the risks associated with my travel and would like to know if it would put my re-entry into the US at risk. Please advise.

Thanks.

Hi,

My employer has applied for my H1B this year under regular processing and I am currently waiting for my H1B lottery results. I have a masters degree and my OPT expires in February 2017. 

I have an urgent need to travel to India immediately. I would like to understand the risks associated with my travel and would like to know if it would put my re-entry into the US at risk. Please advise.

Thanks.

If your H1 was filed along with COS then COS will be denied.

Thank you for all the inputs.

I just wanted to confirm if my travel plans could abandon my H1B application? My understanding was that if my H1B application is selected in the lottery I would have to make an additional trip in October to file the COS because I am traveling now outside the U.S. Would my travel plans by any chance abandon/cancel my H1b application?

Please advise.

• 1 year later...

Archived