Visa has been suspended under 221(g)

Keyshore

Hi All,

I am from India.

I had a H1b visa from company A from 2009 to 2012.

I was in US from from 2012 to 2013 from company A.

My visa got extended to 2015 from company A while I was in US.

I returned to India in 2013 and changed to company B.

In 2015, I got a employer from US and said he will process my visa extension.

So I went to visa stamping in Oct 2015, In apr 2016, i got a reply as below from consulate

"Your case is suspended under 221(g) of the United States Immigration and Nationality Act(INA), pending further administrative processing. The petition is returned to USCIS for review, Upon completion of review, USCIS will contact your petitioner."

So Can anyone please let me know the how to go ahead?

What are the chances of getting my visa?

Regards,

Kishore

Once petition is sent back to USCIS then it no estimated wait time to get a response, if possible try to find another employer who can file a new petition for you. Existing one is no one knows what and when will happen.

No negatives but don't keep a lot of hope with your current case, reason I am saying this as I have sailed the same boat and finally changed the ship to get onshore.

Good Luck!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

My visa was denied and case was sent back to USCIS for review. 

On Sept 29,2015 attended visa interview @ Delhi Embassy. My passport, I797 with the LCA was kept with the Embassy. Was given 221g white with no documents asked. After 7 months 10 days received an email to pick up my passport. Took my passport which had I797+Denial letter and no stamp. Case sent back to Kentucky Service Center on May5,2016. But, there is no update on case status. 

Please let me know if anybody has a similar case, how many days will it take to reflect on USCIS site? Yesterday Me and my employer spoke with USCIS and they did not receive my case yet. What can be done in such condition? Please suggest. 

Thanks

Archived