H1B stamping in Tijuana on April 11th

h1step

Hi,

I will be traveling on the same day,quick question do we need a mexico visa as my US visa has expired. I had been there in 2015 and did not take a mexico  visa but has no problem walking through, I mean no one asked on the mexican border side. Any feedback of recent visit that they are checking that we must have mexican visa. Any response will be appreciated .Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I am traveling to Tijuana on Apr 11th for my H4 Stamping (From  H1B to H4B) with my wife and Kid.

I have Valid H1B and my wife's H1B had been expired (So she applied for Mexican Visa at Chicago Mexican Consulate)

If your US visa had been expired then u need to have Mexican Visa ....It's 1 to 5 day process depending on your location as i am from Chicago It's 5 day process here. Below is the Link which states that u need visa if u don't have valid US visa

http://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/chicago/index.php/visas.

I had heard people going into Mexico without valid mexican visa ....but there had been recent Incidents where CBP Mexican officials started checking the passport near Tijuana border for Valid Mexican visa or Valid US visa(Due to Political issues).....Better to apply immediately if u are from other location.

Hi,

I will be traveling on the same day,quick question do we need a mexico visa as my US visa has expired. I had been there in 2015 and did not take a mexico  visa but has no problem walking through, I mean no one asked on the mexican border side. Any feedback of recent visit that they are checking that we must have mexican visa. Any response will be appreciated .Thanks in advance.

Hi..I think ..things have changed since 2015....looks like mex visa is needed at the time of border crossing...

Thanks for the reply Coolbuddy123 and Kchag99,I will try to get it mex visa.

I will driving from Los Angeles on the 11th Morning and park my car at border-San Yasidro. Then cross the border and take a cab to the hotel.Anyone done this recently and any comments and advice. Thanks

• 1 year later...

Archived