EB3 to EB2 Port

Hi,

I have a Bachelor's degree in commerce (H) from DU with PGDCA in IT field (2 Years) from SCDL and having 15+ years of relevant experience including 4.5 years in US. I am in EB3 with a PD of AUG 2014. Is it possible for me to port to EB2 based on my experience ? I have done my degree and PGDCA evaluation from FCSA which is strogly following EDGE DATABASE and confirmed my education is equivalent  to US Bachelor with more that 120 Credits. (US Bachelor require 120 Credits). Let me know possibility of  moving further on upgrading my case from EB3 to EB2.

http://foreigncredentials.org/

Thoughts ? Highly appreciate the responses. 

Regards.

PS

No. The experience stuff works for an H1, but not for the GC.

You would have to have an advanced degree or 4-year bachelor + 5 years progressive experience for EB2.

An undergraduate degree of less than 4 years doesn't work.

Also, the job of course has to require the advanced degree.

Your case is probable EB3-Other, which is for people with less than a 4-year undergraduate degree.

• 5 months later...

I have 3 years Bachelors. I have an approved I-140 under EB3. I have finished my masters from US university. Want to port to EB2 with same employer.

There is 50% + job change. So, if new PERM is filed with minimum requirements as MS or BS+5 with justification of business necessity on why MS or BS + 5 is required, what are the risks that one should plan for during PERM stage and during I-140 stage. Is PERM approval difficult in this situation or I-140 is the danger zone.

5 hours ago, OML said:

I have 3 years Bachelors. I have an approved I-140 under EB3. I have finished my masters from US university. Want to port to EB2 with same employer.

There is 50% + job change. So, if new PERM is filed with minimum requirements as MS or BS+5 with justification of business necessity on why MS or BS + 5 is required, what are the risks that one should plan for during PERM stage and during I-140 stage. Is PERM approval difficult in this situation or I-140 is the danger zone.

For EB2, you generally would have to have a 4-year Bachelor degree + MS. 3-year Bachelor + Ms have been denied in recent years.

Archived