Premium processing delayed more than a month

roarshack80

Hey folks,

I posted the below question in the general category and i didn't get any response. So i am hoping someone will answer my question here.

I applied for h1b extension and got the receipt on jan 16 under premium - vermont processing center. today i received the below response 

We have confirmed that the status of your case has gone past the 15 day premium processing timeframe and is currently pending. 

However, A check of our records establishes that the processing of your case has been delayed and is not yet ready for decision, as the required security checks remain pending.

All petitions or applications received by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) are required to have routine security checks that sometimes result in delays of the adjudication of petitions or applications.  

Before USCIS may render a decision on this petition, it must resolve certain issues.  You may rest assured that USCIS is striving to resolve these issues as soon as possible, and will issue a decision once it has done so.  Therefore, we have no control over how long these checks will take. We can give no definite indication of when they will be completed. We apologize for the delay.

i have been on h1b for a long time. does it means they are doing a background check or work related check, can any one please clarify

Hi,

I am guessing we are seeing some delays in PP. Mine is 14 days and pending and not sure whether it will come tomorrow. COuld you please post did you get an RFE and if yes, when was the RFE response date ie., the time elapsed until now after USCIS received the last response. My case is RFE on 02/01 and replied on 02/12. Still pending. 

Please respond.

Thanks

Hi,

I am guessing we are seeing some delays in PP. Mine is 14 days and pending and not sure whether it will come tomorrow. COuld you please post did you get an RFE and if yes, when was the RFE response date ie., the time elapsed until now after USCIS received the last response. My case is RFE on 02/01 and replied on 02/12. Still pending. 

Please respond.

Thanks

I didn't get any RFE

my employer enquired thru lawyer and uscis mentioned they are doing some back ground check

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any update guys? I am in a similar situation.

H1B PP

RFE - 4/15

RFE Response - 4/20

Today is the 14th day - No response. Can you please let me know how your situation ended and if you guys did some follow up with USCIS.

Regards,

PPR

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Anyone got update for similar situation and how long it took? What is the reason behind security check? What time frame it took to get the approval?

Being a beneficiary we are not given any status when we call USCIS and mentioned the petitioner (employer) is the only one can ask for the case status.

Archived