Stamping done in , Matamoros, Mexico successfully .....

james1989

Stamping done in , Matamoros, Mexico successfully .....

Service took Matamoros: Salvador Service

Visa Type : H1b Renewal

Date Visa Interview : 02-09-2016

Reaching Matamoros: 02-07-2016 Evening

I flew to Houston, rented a car and drove to Brownsville, TX (5hrs drive). Parked at the duty free store right across the border and called Salvador.

Finger Print and Photos: 02-08-2016 Evening

Salvador picked us(4 of us) up in the hotel by 8:45 and reached the place by 9:00. It took 10 minutes he waited for us once done he dropped us in the hotel back.

Visa Interview: 02-09-2016

Salvador picked me from hotel by 7:45 and dropped us in the Consulate and he left. 

VO: Do you work for in-house project or do you work for the client at client location?

Me: Work for Client and gave Client Letter

VO: Is your I140 approved?

Me: I told her the company policy is to start green card processing 1 year from the date of joining.

VO: Are you married and have children? What is your wife doing?

VO: Proof for employer relationship? Who  provides your health insurance? Show me your health insurance card.

Me: Showed her the insurance card. Luckily it was in my wallet. It is okay even if you don’t have it, you can show other documents to prove.

VO: Why did you choose Mexico for the stamping?

Me : No immediate interview dates in my home country or Canada. The earliest date I got was in Matamoros, Mexico.

Came outside and called the Salvador number from the opposite OXXO store . He picked us and dropped back to the Hotel.

Collecting the Passport : 02-09-2016

Salvador took to the US Consulate by 3:00 PM. Asked me to show some ID proof showed my Driving License and they gave the passport and then he dropped us in the border and we just need to walk to the US border. There were 4 of us for interview on the same day and everyone’s story is pretty much the same. We all crossed the border and drove to Houston, TX (5hrs) from Brownsville, TX and flew back home.

Other interesting observations:

1.    There were 4 desi guys who had interviews on the same day. Everyone had a smooth stamping.

2.    Please do not go to Mexico alone. Once you cross the border it is somewhat like Iraq or Syria you see in the TV. Army has replaced police and the security on street is heavily armed. Well, nothing happened during our stay. But you really get that feeling something is about to happen.

3.    Buy tequila from Mexico and it is very cheap – Salvador will take you shopping if you need

4.    Try Mexican food at the BW plaza hotel. It is very good. They will make anything you need and it is cheap.

5.    No need to carry cash or exchange to peso. Almost all stores accept American credit cards and dollars.

Stamping done in , Matamoros, Mexico successfully .....

Service took Matamoros: Salvador Service

Visa Type : H1b Renewal

Date Visa Interview : 02-09-2016

Reaching Matamoros: 02-07-2016 Evening

I flew to Houston, rented a car and drove to Brownsville, TX (5hrs drive). Parked at the duty free store right across the border and called Salvador.

Finger Print and Photos: 02-08-2016 Evening

Salvador picked us(4 of us) up in the hotel by 8:45 and reached the place by 9:00. It took 10 minutes he waited for us once done he dropped us in the hotel back.

Visa Interview: 02-09-2016

Salvador picked me from hotel by 7:45 and dropped us in the Consulate and he left. 

VO: Do you work for in-house project or do you work for the client at client location?

Me: Work for Client and gave Client Letter

VO: Is your I140 approved?

Me: I told her the company policy is to start green card processing 1 year from the date of joining.

VO: Are you married and have children? What is your wife doing?

VO: Proof for employer relationship? Who  provides your health insurance? Show me your health insurance card.

Me: Showed her the insurance card. Luckily it was in my wallet. It is okay even if you don’t have it, you can show other documents to prove.

VO: Why did you choose Mexico for the stamping?

Me : No immediate interview dates in my home country or Canada. The earliest date I got was in Matamoros, Mexico.

Came outside and called the Salvador number from the opposite OXXO store . He picked us and dropped back to the Hotel.

Collecting the Passport : 02-09-2016

Salvador took to the US Consulate by 3:00 PM. Asked me to show some ID proof showed my Driving License and they gave the passport and then he dropped us in the border and we just need to walk to the US border. There were 4 of us for interview on the same day and everyone’s story is pretty much the same. We all crossed the border and drove to Houston, TX (5hrs) from Brownsville, TX and flew back home.

Other interesting observations:

1.    There were 4 desi guys who had interviews on the same day. Everyone had a smooth stamping.

2.    Please do not go to Mexico alone. Once you cross the border it is somewhat like Iraq or Syria you see in the TV. Army has replaced police and the security on street is heavily armed. Well, nothing happened during our stay. But you really get that feeling something is about to happen.

3.    Buy tequila from Mexico and it is very cheap – Salvador will take you shopping if you need

4.    Try Mexican food at the BW plaza hotel. It is very good. They will make anything you need and it is cheap.

5.    No need to carry cash or exchange to peso. Almost all stores accept American credit cards and dollars.

Congrats james. do we need mexico visa to visit mexico? 

It is recommended that you get a mexican visa - It will take only $34 and hour in your closest Mexican consulate.

However there is only random checking when you cross over to Mexico. Salvador drove us across to the mexico and no one bothered to check the passport or visa. But if you are stopped you might have to show the visa. 

Booking appointment is the same as any consulate- Fill your DS 160, pay the fee and book the slot convenient for you. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Did you get renewal stamping for new employer?

my first stamping was done with Employer X in 2007, but now for last 4 years, I am employed with Employer Y without ever getting stamped with Employer Y.

do you know if somebody was in this case and was approved for H1 Visa.

EVC model

Thanks

Satyan

• 2 years later...

Archived