H1B amendment with extension ... Please help!

hemanth810

Hello everyone -

I am in my 8th year of my H1B Visa and have an approved I140 with my current employer. I am with my employer from  almost 5 years and my current H1B Expires in September 30th 2016. I just got  a job in a different location and has to start an amendment. 

Now , In my situation..

1) Can I file both my extension and amendment together, though I have long way to go (more than 180 days) to file my extension? If yes, Can I do it in premium and get my H1B extension and amendment approved at the same time ?

2) Do we really have to wait until before 6 months to file for an extension? 

3)  Do you suggest to do the amendment first , join the client and later work on extending my H1B through my employer?

4) For the amendment, how much does it usually cost (Regular Vs Premuim)

5) If I file my amendment in regular processing, Do i have to wait before moving on to the new location until it gets approved?

Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone -

I am in my 8th year of my H1B Visa and have an approved I140 with my current employer. I am with my employer from  almost 5 years and my current H1B Expires in September 30th 2016. I just got  a job in a different location and has to start an amendment. 

Now , In my situation..

1) Can I file both my extension and amendment together, though I have long way to go (more than 180 days) to file my extension? If yes, Can I do it in premium and get my H1B extension and amendment approved at the same time ?

- You can file both together subject to extension filing met the criteria "maximum 180 days before".

you can file your petition in premium or can be upgraded to premium any time. 

2) Do we really have to wait until before 6 months to file for an extension? 

- You can file extension after Mar 30th,2016. Yes Max 180 days before you can file extension. 

3)  Do you suggest to do the amendment first , join the client and later work on extending my H1B through my employer?

- Yes this is the correct process.

4) For the amendment, how much does it usually cost (Regular Vs Premuim)

USCIS fee is the $325 for Amendment.

Premium fee for New H1B/Extension/Transfer/Amendment - 1225$

5) If I file my amendment in regular processing, Do i have to wait before moving on to the new location until it gets approved?

- you are good to work in new location once you filed amendment( probably after getting receipt number)

Thanks in advance!

• 3 months later...

Archived