i-140 approval time and expenses

jay25oct

hi friends

I am starting my one step in GC process. Just want to know how much time it takes for i-140 approval now a days. Also any body know details of expenses related to it. Also I am working in consultancy on percentage ratio, so basically they put me on client projects. But consultancy is asking money to initiate GC process and expenses would be deducted on monthly basis, like installments. They are estimating expenses until i -140 is around 10-11k. Is it true? Also consultancy wont be paying anything (i heard legal fees should be paid by employer), but any how I cant wait too long to initiate the process, specially now a days rules are changing suddenly.  Getting a full time job is an option, but its difficult and  time consuming process and client takes much time before start GC process. So not sure which option to choose. Also if I decided to go with my current employer, afetr i-140 approval Can i change my employer? In that case Do I have to start whole process again or I will be locking the priority dates?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Paying for GC process is ILLEGAL, if you get caught then you might be deported. You are working for one of the FRAUD consulting firms, so start looking for new employer or you will be in deep deep trouble in future.

BTW there is no percentage base salary on H1, you should get whatever is mentioned in your LCA.

You are NOT working on a percentage basis. That is not allowed on H1.

On H1, you have a salary as listed on the LCA.

And the employer has to pay for the PERM LC, including lawyer fees for it. They are not allowed to get reimbursed for it in any way.

Find a better employer.

Paying for GC process is ILLEGAL, if you get caught then you might be deported. You are working for one of the FRAUD consulting firms, so start looking for new employer or you will be in deep deep trouble in future.

BTW there is no percentage base salary on H1, you should get whatever is mentioned in your LCA

so this works like it. employer will pay from his pocket and he will deduct it from my salary by some way. dont know how. and it seems its because there is no contract between us and I might leave any time, so he does not want to invest money on me by paying for my GC.

You are NOT working on a percentage basis. That is not allowed on H1.

On H1, you have a salary as listed on the LCA.

And the employer has to pay for the PERM LC, including lawyer fees for it. They are not allowed to get reimbursed for it in any way.

Find a better employer.

i am getting the same salary mentioned in LCA but through % basis. and in US almost 90% consultancies follow the same rule. How I can prove him wrong or where I can complaint against him? 

so this works like it. employer will pay from his pocket and he will deduct it from my salary by some way. dont know how. and it seems its because there is no contract between us and I might leave any time, so he does not want to invest money on me by paying for my GC.

Paying for GC process is illegal and if you get caught then you will be in deep trouble.

Find a real employer, not a shady consulting firms.

Archived