Charged with domestic violence while H1B is in RFE first time (H4 to H1)

sureshpatil451

On 8/15/2016 at 0:09 PM, deterdangler8 said:

ppatel22,

I really appreciate posting what is going on with your case. Our prayers are with you man!! Be confident.

Hi all, I got my visa stamped in Mumbai...had dropbox..online status showed admin processing...however was called for interview after 3-5 business days....in the interview, VO asked a lot about what happened...why arrested...took my docs from court and lawyers memo which mentioned that PC 415 - disturbing the peace is not CIMT..... VO also took my 16 week class certificate as proof and warned me that this shud not happen again....got visa approved online after 5-7 business online saying "Issued". The POE took nearly 1.5 hours to let me in USA.....my wife was along with me, however, the CBP officers were checking if there was a restraining order in our case...there was no restraining order in our case and we stayed all together under peaceful contact... Hope this helps!

On September 24, 2016 at 0:05 AM, ppatel22 said:

Hi all, I got my visa stamped in Mumbai...had dropbox..online status showed admin processing...however was called for interview after 3-5 business days....in the interview, VO asked a lot about what happened...why arrested...took my docs from court and lawyers memo which mentioned that PC 415 - disturbing the peace is not CIMT..... VO also took my 16 week class certificate as proof and warned me that this shud not happen again....got visa approved online after 5-7 business online saying "Issued". The POE took nearly 1.5 hours to let me in USA.....my wife was along with me, however, the CBP officers were checking if there was a restraining order in our case...there was no restraining order in our case and we stayed all together under peaceful contact... Hope this helps!

Awesome! Thanks for sharing your experience. Hope you had a great trip :)

Archived