Physicians

Attorney_22

This week, the Murthy Law Firm attorneys will answer questions relating to physicians.      

Rules for Topic of the Week Threads:

1. Attorney's postings contain general information only and are not a substitute for case-specific legal advice.

2. The attorney will answer only those questions which relate to the main subject. If you have a question on some other issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section.

3. The attorney will not necessarily answer every question posted and may provide a single answer to a group of similar questions.

4. Please do not provide information which would identify any specific company, university or individual. 

Physician on J1 waiver H1B recently applied for 1-140 and is still pending approval.

1. Can i change my job after the 3 year J1 waiver completion?

2. If i do change my job to Company B will they have to start the green card process from start.. or can they use my previous i-140?

3. Do you anticipate any advantages from new rules for physician from "Retention of EB1, EB2, and EB3 Immigrant Workers and Program Improvements Affecting Highly-Skilled H-B Alien Workers,"

Thank you.

1. Yes.

2. Yes, they will have to start all over again, but they can retain the priority date from the old I-140. An exception may exist if the old I-140 was a self petition physician or non-physician National Interest Waiver petition.

3. There are always some beneficial physician related legal provisions in the works at various stages on Capitol Hill, but to discuss them here would be to engage in speculation and rumor. If any of them were to become law, then yes, there could be many advantages for physicians.

Archived