H1B visa stamping in Montreal, Canada

skarnae

Hi all, Visa interview date was on July 30th.  Was given 221g by the visa officer and even after consulate inquiry only response is administrative processing.  Any body in the same situation or please share your experience.  Should I ask for passport go back to India and wait there? 

Hi all, Visa interview date was on July 30th.  Was given 221g by the visa officer and even after consulate inquiry only response is administrative processing.  Any body in the same situation or please share your experience.  Should I ask for passport go back to India and wait there? 

You've been in Canada for 4 months? Wow that's long...

skarnae, i know how it feels. actually my advice is to not go to any consulate whatsoever unless its an emergency. I have made some stupid mistakes myself. but if your passport is still with them, there is a chance that you will get visa provided you have the project or job. i am not sure what you should do. if i were you, i would have asked for passport back, salvage what i can by telling my friends in the US to sell my stuff and get back to india.

senior members can advice you better. but if it has been 4 months then i think going back to india will be the best option IMO

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I agree with blackknight. Its better to request for the passport from embassy.

I understand the pain you are going through. Its really insane that they have put the case in admin processing for more than 4 months. Even I got stuck in Canada for more than 2 months but luckily I could able to get it approved. Hope you will get it soon. 

From experience, my sincere advise to all the people thinking of going for visa to Canada, please don't go to Montreal

Archived