To get new I-94 by crossing Mexico border(Tijuana) from San Diego and entering back into USA

sandy_ts89@yahoo.co.in

I am currently on H1B Visa, My I-94 was expired on September 2015 and my company has filed petition for my I-94 extension in July 2015 before the expiry of my I-94. I have already received the receipt notice from USCIS for I-94 extension ,But USCIS is taking long time to for the approval.

I have valid I-797 and H1B stamped on my passport will September 2016, I want to go to Mexico from San Diego border to get my new I-94.

1. Can i get a new I-94 from while reentering into USA based on my H1B, while the I-94 extension is pending with USCIS.

2, If i go out of USA in November 2015, will the immigration officer will ask me about my stay after the expiry of my I-94 i.e after September 2015 for the months of October and November.

3. Can i show him the USCIS I-94 receipt to cover OCT and NOV months.

4. Since my I-94 is already expired Will there be any problem in getting new I-94 from CBP Officer at the border. I have receipt notice from USCIS that i have filed for I-94 extension before the expiry of my I-94.

5. What will happen to my USCIS petition if i get the new I-94 by crossing the border.

Thank you Jairichi for your answers. I am in similar situation as Sandy and have similar questions. However, I am confused as answers for Question 1,4 and 5 above doesn't seem to match well with Sandy's questions. Hence, I am taking the liberty of rephrasing those questions

Q1. I have a valid visa and approved 797  (valid until July 2017)Can i get a new I-94 (current I94 expired in June 2015) while reentering into USA via Mexico border (Tijuana) based on my current H1B valid visa and 797?

Q4.  Since my I-94 is already expired will there be any problem in getting new I-94 from CBP Officer at the border. I have receipt notice from USCIS that i have filed for I-94 extension (Form I-129) before the expiry of my I-94.

Q5. What will happen to my current USCIS petition (Form I-129) if i get the new I-94 by crossing the border.

Q6. At the Mexico border (Tijuana) can I tell the CBP officer that I crossed the border to renew I94?

Thank you for your suggestions in this regard.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived