URGENT: Sending medicines from India to USA

Dogfish

I should have informed you earlier before I subscribe to your suggestions.

After few investigations, I came to know that we can't send any medicines to USA through courier (FedEx, USP and Speed Post).

In fact, private players are willing to accept tablets in small quantity but not Insulin liquid bottles as per US regulatory norms.

Finally, I came to know that It is only possible to send any medicines to USA in less quantity through our well wishers with prescription.

So, my only hope is to request sincerely to send the medicines from well wishers who are immediately travelling to USA from India.

Hope, someone will take the initiative to safely do the needful.

Thank you.

Dogfish

You guys are throwing different opinions with whatever knowledge you have. I appreciate it but,

Given the situation,

What will you guys do in my case, when your parents left to USA for 3 months forgetting their medicines worth 4000₹ Which is 10 times the cost in USA (verified)?

I hope everyone will agree with me in finding the trusted person to carry the medicines of 200gms with a prescription.

All I want is a Samaritan who will carry and then post locally.

You guys are throwing different opinions with whatever knowledge you have. I appreciate it but,

Given the situation,

What will you guys do in my case, when your parents left to USA for 3 months forgetting their medicines worth 4000₹ Which is 10 times the cost in USA (verified)?

I hope everyone will agree with me in finding the trusted person to carry the medicines of 200gms with a prescription.

I know for a fact that one can send medicines by speed post provided there is a prescription and there is a letter from drug control authority. This is first hand information my parents obtained from a family friend who works in a high rank position in postoffice. And, as JoeF pointed out it should be legal to be used in US. 

Given the situation,

Very tough to find a trusted person to carry any package abroad. It would have to be your friends, colleagues or relatives.

Given the situation,

Given the situation, they need immediate access to insulin. Getting a rx for insulin in the US is going to be cheaper than ending in the ER. Ask them to get a rx from a US doctor.

Insulin cannot be posted locally either, unless its authorized. 

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...