After GC how soon can I change jobs?

GNH

The company lawyer gave a long winded letter which basically said that the GC was applied for this position in the company . She did not really answer how soon I can change positions or not. I assume that issue ambiguous legally from her ambiguous answer !!

The company lawyer gave a long winded letter which basically said that the GC was applied for this position in the company . She did not really answer how soon I can change positions or not. I assume that issue ambiguous legally from her ambiguous answer !!

The issue is that if you change too soon, accusations of immiration fraud can come up.

The rule is: at the time of getting the GC, you can not have any intent to change jobs.

Now, intent is obviously hard to determine. So, the rule of thumb is to wait for at least 6 months after getting the GC before changing jobs. That essentially takes care of the question of intent at the time of getting the GC.

The company Lawyer is no good in such individual matters. Make an appointment with the firm of Murthy over the phone to discuss specifics. Usually there is no increased scrutiny about the job at the time of naturalization. Even changing fields depends on the full set of circumstances. The company is obviously offering to let you change. That should be alright.

Archived