H1B visa stamping in Vancouver on November 9 2015

sandy5

Better don't come to CANADA. 221gs are more common here there days. There are many people long with me who got stuck more than a month. We have client letters and everything and I am MS Computer science major. Even 2 Full time people people got stopped. This happened in Vancouver and even in Montreal. Its not the case whether you have all documents or not, they will issue 221g.

I STRONGLY SUGGEST NOT TO COME TO CANADA AND MAKE YOUR LIFE MISERABLE, EITHER GO TO MEXICO IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE IF NOT GO TO INDIA.  

• 3 weeks later...

I had interview on 23rd Oct and got 221g. They had asked me to submit letter describing area of study. Can anyone help with sample or some template for Letter Describing Area Of Study.

Before going i had confirmed with my lawyer if i don't get approved can i still travel back to USA. He told me if i have my passport, valid I94 and valid I797 i can travel back to USA.

VO officer asked me if I need my Passport back until my case was approved. Without thinking i took the passport back and came back to USA. Now my case is in Admin Processing but am back and secure in USA.

For those who don't know we all can return to USA if we have valid I94 and H1B (only if your traveling to Canada and Mexico) and travelling back within 30 days.

At border security I told them i went for Visa Stamping and got Admin Processing. Will get stamped after approx 2 weeks and they let me go.

Where is your interview at? You've mentioned crossing border, did you leave canada by car?

Coming to your area of study; What is your course of study? Did you have bachelors or Masters. 

Are your Job duties, roles and responsibilities matching with your area of study? I believe you are doing a IT job, are you from non-it background?

• 7 months later...

I had interview on 23rd Oct and got 221g. They had asked me to submit letter describing area of study. Can anyone help with sample or some template for Letter Describing Area Of Study.

Before going i had confirmed with my lawyer if i don't get approved can i still travel back to USA. He told me if i have my passport, valid I94 and valid I797 i can travel back to USA.

VO officer asked me if I need my Passport back until my case was approved. Without thinking i took the passport back and came back to USA. Now my case is in Admin Processing but am back and secure in USA.

For those who don't know we all can return to USA if we have valid I94 and H1B (only if your traveling to Canada and Mexico) and travelling back within 30 days.

At border security I told them i went for Visa Stamping and got Admin Processing. Will get stamped after approx 2 weeks and they let me go.

Do we need to ask them 1797 along with passport back  to come to US during admin processing ?

• 5 weeks later...

You had valid visa on passport or just valid 797?  if just valid 797, how can they allow you at POE when ur case is in Admin processing in canada..not sure if i understand it correctly 

Archived