My Mother is an Indian citizen. Currently she is in Australia and I am planning to bring her to USA

Case : My brother is an Australian resident (has PR). My father expired two years back and my mother is staying with my brother in Australia with a Visitor VISA. Her VISA is going to be expired in 2 months. Now am planning to bring her and stay with me in USA.

Question 1: Can I have my mother to apply for a Visitor VISA to come to USA directly from Australia. As she is an Indian citizen, does she need to go back to India and apply for a Visitor VISA from India?

Question 2: If my mother can apply for a Visitor VISA from Australia, does she need to go to US Consulate and attend for VISA interview. She does not know English and knows only Telugu language.

Question 3: While applying for Visitor VISA, can I mention the reason for the visit as - my father expired and wanted to stay with me for few months.

Question 4: If my mother's Visitor VISA is approved for say 6 months, can I apply for extension for another 6 months? or does she need to go back to India and apply for Visitor VISA once again?

Thank you.

1. She needs to go to India to apply for a visitor visa. Check with consulate.

2. Refer 1.

3. In my opinion that reason (if true) will mostly lead to denial. She will be considered potential immigrant.

4. Normally visitor visas are issued for 10 years & I94 issued for 6 months. With no valid reason her extension of stay request will be denied.

I would suggest you to talk to an attorney as the chances of your mother getting a visa from India is less.

1. She needs to go to India to apply for a visitor visa. Check with consulate.

2. Refer 1.

3. In my opinion that reason (if true) will mostly lead to denial. She will be considered potential immigrant.

4. Normally visitor visas are issued for 10 years & I94 issued for 6 months. With no valid reason her extension of stay request will be denied.

I would suggest you to talk to an attorney as the chances of your mother getting a visa from India is less.

Hi,

1 & 2 :Since your mother can't speak English, I don't think it works out from Australia. She needs to got US consulate for an Interview with Visa Officer. I would suggest to attend the interview from Hyderabad on Telugu language. Just Yesterday my in-laws got approval on Telugu interview with VO.

3: yes she needs to tell the reason for visit - NOT staying with you. it should be for Tourism or Pleasure visit - not related to any personal /family/home affairs. Does she has any property / ties from India - she needs to prove that she will back to India after the visit.    Does she in position to pay for her trip or you will be supporting for it.

you need to submit I-134 Supporting Affidavit and an invitation letter to US consulate with the all supporting documents.

4:  you should have a proper reason for extension .

hope this helps!!

Archived