Cease and Desist from vendor

Hi,

I am a software engineer and In the past I have worked for a client through a vendor on a corp-to-corp basis, and I had to switch employers at that time.

1. If I switch employers can I still work for the same client through the same vendor ? I think the non-compete and non-solicitation agreement will not allow this , yes ?

2. When I gave my notice to my employer, they did not inform the vendor on time, is it my responsibility to inform the vendor ?  I am under the impression that my employer is supposed to inform the vendor.

3. Vendor is also talking funny by saying, 'I thought you left your employer but not the client project', is that possible that I can quit my employer but still stick with the same vendor and the same client project ?

4.  Employer did not inform the vendor on time, and vendor did not inform client on time, and so when I had to leave the project there was not enough notice for the client. Vendor presumed I will stick with vendor even after switching employers but now that I moved to new employer + new vendor + new client project, the old vendor is now using his presumption and using it against me and jeopardizing my reputation at the old client, saying it is my fault not informing client with sufficient notice before leaving project. As a contractor I am not supposed to talk to client, the informing has to come from my employer to vendor and then vendor to client, am I right ?

5. Vendor spoiled my reputation at the client place and now when I am approaching that old client through another vendor my old manager at client place is trusting vendor's version that I left without a smooth exit and this is stopping my jobs at that old client place.  I emailed my manager at the old client place explaining what happened, and now he is confused about whose version is true. I am trying to prove that I did not do anything wrong but in the mean time that old vendor sends me a email with warning and a 'Cease and Desist' notice.  Is that ethical and legal ?

Please help me what I should do now.

thanks

Archived