Can I(a US citizen) be deported if I travel to the US?

madhu4321

Can I be deported if I travel to the US?

may 2009: Naturalized.

2009- jan 2013: resided in the US.

jan 2013: moved out of US to India using OCI card.

Intent was temporary but did not inform state govt.

dec 2013: registered a small proprietorship in India. 

jan 2016: Plan to visit US (or move there if possible)

So I have been continuously out of the US for 3 years.

I do not own any property in the US

All my family is in India.

2015: Bought a house in India (bought only for investment. Not living there.).

I have been paying US taxes and filing FBAR with the US dept of treasury every year as non resident(expat).

Have I lost my US citizenship? Is there any chance of deportation if I travel to the US?

This is what is worrying me:-

UNITED STATES of America, Plaintiff-Appellee vs Parviz BANAFSHE

(d) If a person who shall have been naturalized shall, within five years after such naturalization, 

return to the country of his nativity, or go to any other foreign country, 

and take permanent residence therein, it shall be considered prima facie evidence of a lack of intention 

on the part of such person to reside permanently in the United States at the time of filing his petition 

for naturalization, and, in the absence of countervailing evidence, 

it shall be sufficient in the proper proceeding to authorize the revocation and setting aside of the order

admitting such person to citizenship and the cancellation of the certificate of naturalization as having 

been obtained by concealment of a material fact or by willful misrepresentation, and such revocation and 

setting aside of the order admitting such person to citizenship and such canceling of certificate of 

naturalization shall be effective as of the original date of the order and certificate, respectively.

Thanks,

Madhu

Archived