New H1 2016 Status Pending

kanth05

Hello Experts, 

My H1B (new) was filed on Apr 13th under Masters/Regular processing with Vermont Center, and the Receipt notice is dated Apr 27th 2015.

It is more 4 months now and I have not yet received any updates on my case. The status in USCIS portal is "Case is Received".

My OPT Extension is going to end on September 28th, Would i be able to work on H-1 receipt until H-1 gets approved even if it extends  after October 1st 

If not should I be looking for alternatives after October 1st 

Can anyone please tell me how long more will it take for USCIS to arrive at a decision on my case? Is there anyone facing a similar situation.

Appreciate your response! Thank you..

RFEs only happen if there is something shady or missing. It has nothing to do with upgrading to PP.

Cap-gap ends on Oct. 1. You would have to stop working then and could only start when the H1 is approved.

http://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/h-1b-specialty-occupations-and-fashion-models/extension-post-completion-optional-practical-training-opt-and-f-1-status-eligible-students-under-h-1b-cap-gap-regulations

Once a timely filing has been made, requesting a change of status to H-1B on October 1, the automatic cap-gap extension will begin and will continue until the H-1B petition adjudication process has been completed.  If the student’s H-1B petition is selected and approved, the student’s extension will continue through September 30.  If the student’s H-1B petition is denied, withdrawn, revoked, or is not selected, the student will have the standard 60-day grace period from the date of the rejection notice or their program end date, whichever is later, to prepare for and depart the United States. 

What if the H1B petition is selected in lottery and receipt has been generated and CAP-GAP has been completed and still H1B is in PENDING status.. and USCIS didnt respond with any approval or REJECTION..

What can we do other than departing from US?

In my opinion (my earlier response) one can stay till a decision is taken on that petition. Check with an attorney.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived