H1-B Extension Premium Processing - No update past 15 days

master346

Hi,

My employer has filed for my H1 extension in April 2015 as a regular processing and we didn't get any updates on the processing for 4 months. So again on Aug 11th employer upgraded it to premium processing. I got the receipt notice on August 12. It is pending in the status as "Case was received and a Receipt Notice was emailed" since then. It is 19th day as of today and no updates were received. Not even the RFE. My previous H1 has expired on July 31st.

I am past my 6 yrs of H1 and 140 has been approved.

How should I proceed now?

Thanks,

Sri

My current H1 and I-94 expired on July 31st and I haven't got any response from USCIS regarding my extension since May 2015. I guess 240 day rule has already kicked in in my case (48 days past expired H1). I am planning to transfer my H1 to a new employer. Will I be under 240 day rule even if I apply for H1b transfer to a new employer now? Please advise.

• 10 months later...

My current H1 and I-94 expired on July 31st and I haven't got any response from USCIS regarding my extension since May 2015. I guess 240 day rule has already kicked in in my case (48 days past expired H1). I am planning to transfer my H1 to a new employer. Will I be under 240 day rule even if I apply for H1b transfer to a new employer now? Please advise.

hello master346,

How long did it take for your case approval?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi master 346,

Im also in same boat, applied for extension in march 2016 and converted to premium in SEP 2016 and now I'm in 240 days period and already completed 120 days. USCIS replied with background check only.

I'm curious about your thing, what happend to your case?

did you moved to other employer?

is the petition approved?

Please let me know ASAP. Thanks.

Archived