Eligibility for dropbox if employer is changed

rithikasaripella

Hi,

Based on below details could you please confirm that I am eligible for interview waiver program?

My previous visa is H1-B with company A valid from Oct 2013 to Aug 2015.

My current visa is H1-B with company B, valid from July 2015 to May 2018

I have got my Visa stamped at Hyderabad Consulate in Nov 2013.

I was never rejected any Visa and do qualify for all other points mentioned in "http://ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-visarenew.asp".

It states I need to have same Visa class but does not mention anywhere about employer, but I have been hearing from people that I wont be eligible for dropbox as my employer is changed. 

Please confirm what is correct.

Thanks a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

I have one question: Please let me know if this is correct as there is change in employer in my case.

My previous visa is H1-B with company A valid from Oct 2013 to Aug 2016.

My current visa is H1-B with company B, valid from Nov 2014 to Aug 2017

Now i am visiting india and plan to re-stamping with new employer but i am getting Drop box option in any case. so just want to know if is correct or not.

While scheduling Visa interview appointment. I answered below questions 

1) Do you have a previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee)?  Yes
2) Were you denied any kind of U.S. visa after your most recent U.S. visa was issued?  No
3) Is your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) still valid? Yes (as I have my old company employer visa till Aug 2016)

If I put YES for question no. 3 , I got this next question:

4) Was your most recent H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) issued in India after January 1, 2008? Yes

And after that got the message

Congratulations! You qualify for the “Drop Box” Interview Waiver Program. Please do not schedule an appointment at the Visa Application Center or U.S. Embassy/Consulate.

If I put NO for question no. 3, I got this next question:

4) Did your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) expire within the last 12 months? NO

5) Was your most recent H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) issued in India after January 1, 2008? Yes

Congratulations! You qualify for the “Drop Box” Interview Waiver Program. Please do not schedule an appointment at the Visa Application Center or U.S. Embassy/Consulate.

In Both case I am getting Drop Box options as there is change in employer in my case, so can you please confirm if this is true.

I have one question: Please let me know if this is correct as there is change in employer in my case.

My previous visa is H1-B with company A valid from Oct 2013 to Aug 2016.

My current visa is H1-B with company B, valid from Nov 2014 to Aug 2017

Now i am visiting india and plan to re-stamping with new employer but i am getting Drop box option in any case. so just want to know if is correct or not.

While scheduling Visa interview appointment. I answered below questions 

1) Do you have a previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee)?  Yes

2) Were you denied any kind of U.S. visa after your most recent U.S. visa was issued?  No

3) Is your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) still valid? Yes (as I have my old company employer visa till Aug 2016)

If I put YES for question no. 3 , I got this next question:

4) Was your most recent H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) issued in India after January 1, 2008? Yes

If I put NO for question no. 3, I got this next question:

4) Did your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) expire within the last 12 months? NO

5) Was your most recent H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) issued in India after January 1, 2008? Yes

In Both case I am getting Drop Box options as there is change in employer in my case, so can you please confirm if this is true.

Even though you changed employer you are eligible for dropbox.

Change of employer is no more constraint for drop box eligibility. If you satisfy all other requirements, then you will be eligible for drop box.

All the best!

DO i need to confirm or call to US consulate for same as seems this is latest change in process and no one is sure what is correct answer and i do not want to be in trouble.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi One quick question:

now i came to know that i am eligible for Drop box thing but do i need to be there to submit all my docs.

can some one (my friend or father) on my behalf can deposit or drop my docs on center (delhi).?

Delhi S - 1 American Plaza

International Trade Tower Nehru Place

NewDelhi,  110019

Yes, I believe an authorized representative can submit those documents. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

am in the same category as well,

My Current visa(I-797) is H1-B with company A valid from Oct 2013 to Dec 2015.

My current  I-197 is H1-B with company B, valid from Jan 2015 to Jan 2018.

am now planning to go for stamping and i get am eligible for Drop Box Interview Waiver option.

I changed from employer to Fulltime (Client),

how did you confirm that change of employer is not anymore into consideration.

Appreciate if any one can provide some info on this.

Archived