I-94 admit date change

bujji90

Hi,

My current visa stamp expires at September 2015 and applied for H1b extension in April 2015 and received extension till September 2018.

After H1b renewal went to India in May 2015 and I didn't get a new visa stamp. When I came back at the port of entry CBP officer gave my I-94 admit date based on my old visa stamp that is till September 2015 instead of my new I-797.

I recently went to CBP office and explained what happened and they corrected my I-94 admit date as per my new I-797 that is till September 2018.

Even though my visa stamp expires at September 2015 since my I-94 admit date in until September 2018, Am I eligible to stay in USA? And I need not get new visa stamp as long as I stay in USA right?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Siva

Hi

Do you have any plans for this weekend at San Diego border for I-94 extension, if yes please reply

so that i will join with you (note that I am not in CA, i have to come from other state)

as per my knowledge we should carry I-797, I-129, 2 months Pay stubs, Address Proof, I-94 copy, old and new passport, employer letter, LCA (safer side).

You can email me to discuss more on it.

Thanks

Archived