Sponsorship for B1 to take USMLE STEP 2 CS Exam

gtd

My sister-in-law is scheduled to take the STEP 2 CS exam in couple of months. She has successfully passed STEP 1 and taking STEP 2 CK soon. She is applying for B1 next month to come take the CS exam. We (me and her sister, both US citizens and doctors) are likely going to pay for all of her trip cost because she is a fresh graduate of medical school and her parents don't have the money for trip readily available. Is it wise for us to sponsor the trip and provide a support letter or is it better for her parents to come up with the money somehow and sponsor the trip? I have heard that sponsorship from a USA relative for B1 visa is not a wise move because it may indicate that the visiting person is likely to end up staying here. Any advice will be much appreciated. 

A side point, we have never applied for an immigration visa through my wife (family immigration visa) for her - would this make the case stronger given if my sister--in-law had intentions to migrate then we would have applied for immigration visa a long time ago?

Bottom line, sister-in-law is ONLY coming for the exam and then going back so their is no deception here on our part. We just want to make sure that she gets the visa to come take the exam.

Thank you for your help.  

There is no sponsorship for a visitor visa. Paying for the trip isn't sponsorship.

She would have to demonstrate that she will return. Nothing you can do.

And it is hard for a single young woman to get a visitor visa, not because of relatives in the US, but because in the past, a bunch of single young women "found" an American to marry as soon as they landed here...

She can apply for a B2 visa for the stated purpose of coming to Philadelphia for the exams as indicated. She will need the appropriate letters about being registered for the exam and she can indicate her Sister will be paying for the trip. There is absolutely no issue and you should stay out of it besides paying for the trip. Hundreds and thousands have come here to give this exam and it  is purely routine. Let us know when she gets her visa.

There is no sponsorship for a visitor visa. Paying for the trip isn't sponsorship.

She would have to demonstrate that she will return. Nothing you can do.

And it is hard for a single young woman to get a visitor visa, not because of relatives in the US, but because in the past, a bunch of single young women "found" an American to marry as soon as they landed here...

That's what's so frustrating - "bunch of single young woman "found" an american to marry as soon as they landed here" messes it up for legitimate cases. If we wanted for her to immigrate, then we would have looked for that route long time ago. She is simply coming here to give the exam and that's it. We are planning to request for only two week duration of stay to show that she is coming just to give the exam. 

Thanks for correction on sponsorship vs. paying for the trip. We are happy to pay for her trip but from what we understand, it's better for her to pay herself.

In your opinion, what top three points show to the VO that the candidate is likely to return to the home country?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Archived