Administrative processing - H1B Renewal (Vancouver)

donbhargav

Hello Friends,

I had my Interview at Vancouver for H1B renewal stamping on 25th August. I had my F1 to H1 stamping in vancouver as well. My case was put to administrative processing with no 221G slip. Below were the questions asked by the visa officer.

VO: Good Morning

Me: GM, How are you doing ?

VO: Good, oh too many H1B renewals today.

Me: Just smiled

VO: whom do you work for ?

Me: XXXXX

VO: who is your end client ?

Me: XXXXX

VO: Were you with the same employer for your previous H1 Visa ? And how long you have been working with them ?

Me: XXXXXX

VO: How long you have been working with your client ?

VO: Can i see your LCA ?

Me: Handed over the doc

VO: Seeing at the LCA. And constantly typing at the keyboard. How much is your annual salary ?

Me: XXXXX (Double the amount in LCA)

VO : Your LCA says its XXk

Me:  I work over time & get bonus every 3 months.

VO: Where did you do your masters & whats your major ?

VO: can i see your old visa (old passport) ?

Me: Sure, handed over the old paspport

VO: You work for XXXX, right ?

Me: Yes

VO: is this your old H1B visa ? (showing the picture towards me)

Me: Yes

VO: Seeing at her screen. Give me a minute.

Me: Sure

VO went inside and verified or spoke to some other person. VO came back and said we need to do some additional re-verification and am unable to do that from my system. It takes around 5 to 7 business days for the processing and might even take more than that.

VO also said I need your old passport & new passport both together. And handed over the green slip to me. No document was taken from me. My LCA was verified and handed over back. Hasnt said anything if my visa is approved or not. But gave me a green slip.

Any one in the same boat who got admin processing with out 221 G ? Something happened when she tried to cancel my old passport H1B visa which inturn resulted in admin processing. There was one more friend along with me and his stamping was approved.

sent an email to consulate and they said it was found later that your case requires further additional administrative processing and we will let you know once its completed. I am not sure how they discovered later about it. I dont think its PIMS verification. May be some kind of background check. Not sure how many days it takes. 

Guy's I seen Administrative process is common at Vancouver consulate for " Second time Visa stamping with same employer and same consulate". You are the 5th person including myself. They verify with the client on your project, if your client is able to respond then I am sure you will get Visa. Don't worry, just be patient and wait for 2-3 weeks to complete the process.

Guy's I seen Administrative process is common at Vancouver consulate for " Second time Visa stamping with same employer and same consulate". You are the 5th person including myself. They verify with the client on your project, if your client is able to respond then I am sure you will get Visa. Don't worry, just be patient and wait for 2-3 weeks to complete the process.

They have not taken a single document from me. They just verified my LCA and gave it back. As they didnt see or took my client letter. Dont think they would be able to approach the client. Still showing the same admin processing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived